Combe Incorporated, based in White Plains, New York, is a privately owned personal-care company founded in 1949 by Ivan Combe. Combe products are sold in 64 countries on six continents. Ivan Combe primarily promotes the brand names instead of the company name. Combe owns the brands Just for Men, Sea-Bond, Vagisil, and Grecian Formula.
Combe was the originator of the Clearasil brand but sold the rights to it in 1961.
- 1949: Ivan Combe founds a company.
- 1951: Combe introduces Clearasil.
- 1952: The company's offices move from Manhattan to White Plains, New York.
- 1960: Clearasil is sold to Vick Chemical.
- 1974: Combe's first manufacturing plant opens in Illinois.
- 1974: Combe launches Vagisil.
- 1987: Just For Men is introduced.
- 2000: Ivan Combe dies.
- 2002: J.B. Williams is acquired.
- 2011: Sale of cold remedy/skin care business to Reckitt Benckiser, and sale of foot care business to Blistex.
- "Combe Inc. - Company History". Fundinguniverse.com. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|