Vahe Gurzadyan is an Armenian mathematical physicist and a professor at Yerevan Physics Institute best known for co-writing "Concentric circles in WMAP data may provide evidence of violent pre-Big-Bang activity" paper with his colleague Roger Penrose, and collaborating on Roger Penrose's recent book Cycles of Time. Gurzadyan was born in Yerevan, Armenia (then USSR) in 1955. He graduated Yerevan State University, Chair of Theoretical Physics (1977). Was postgraduate student at Dept. Theoretical Physics, Lebedev Physics Institute, Moscow (1977–1980; 1980 PhD.), DSci, in Theoretical and mathematical physics (1988).
Since 1980 Gurzadyan worked as Research Fellow (Leading Research Fellow since 1989) in Dept. of Theoretical Physics, Yerevan Physics Institute, Yerevan; he is the head of Cosmology Unit since 1989. In 1989 he lectured on dynamical systems in 4 Universities in Japan. He had visiting positions in several Universities: University of Sussex (1996–1997) and since 2001 in University of Rome "La Sapienza".
The main topics of his research are: the chaos in non-linear systems, accretion onto massive black holes, stellar dynamics, observational cosmology. He has published 2 monographs, 150 articles, has edited 6 books.
He has papers predicting elliptical accretion disks in galactic nuclei and the accretion time scales due to the tidal disruption of stars around massive black holes . decades later the stellar tidal disruption mechanism was associated to the flares observed in AGN.
He has shown the exponential instability (chaos) in spherical stellar systems and has derived the collective relaxation time. He has formulated a list of 10 key problems in stellar dynamics, in 
He has suggested (together with A.Margarian) the Compton Edge method for high accuracy testing of the one-way light speed isotropy and the Lorentz invariance violation and initiated its realization at GRAAL experiment at European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (Grenoble), with the resulting limit of unprecedent accuracy being a reference number for theoretical models of Special Relativity extensions.
He chaired the Scientific Organizing Committee of workshop "Ergodic Concepts in Stellar Dynamics", Geneva, 1993; the Local Organizing Committee of workshops "The Chaotic Universe", Rome, 1999; “Fermi and Astrophysics”, Rome-Pescara, 2001; IX Marcel Grossmann meeting, Rome 2000. Chair of 'Chaos' Parallel sessions at Marcel Grossmann Meetings, Jerusalem, 1997, Rome, 2000, Rio de Janeiro, 2003, Berlin, 2006. He is co-editor of Intern.Journ.Modern Phys D (World Scientific) and of book series 'Advances in Astronomy and Astrophysics' (Taylor & Francis, UK). He was member EUROSCIENCE Governing Board (elected 1998, reelected 2002).
Fellow of Royal Astronomical Society (UK)
His papers include the hypothesis that the Universe can be full of travelling extraterrestrial life streams as low-complexity compressed bit strings at von Neumann automata network., a new viewpoint on the relation of thermodynamic and cosmological arrows of time, on pre-arrow.
His interests span collaboration with archaeologists on the absolute chronology of ancient Near East using astronomical datings. His analysis of the Venus Tablet of Ammisaduqa and of lunar eclipses of 3rd dynasty of Ur led to the introducing of the Ultra-Low chronology of the 2nd-millennium ancient Near East.
- V. G. Gurzadyan, R. Penrose, Eur.Phys.J. Plus 128 (2013) 22; http://arxiv.org/abs/1011.3706
- Gurzadyan, V.G.; Ozernoy, L.M. (1979). "Accretion on massive black holes in galactic nuclei". Nature 280: 214. doi:10.1038/280214a0.
- Gurzadyan, V.G.; Ozernoy, L.M. (1980). "Accretion and radiation spectrum of gas debris of a star disrupted by the tidal forces of a massive black hole". Astron. Astrophys 86: 315.
- Komossa, S. et al. (2009). "NTT, Spitzer, and Chandra Spectroscopy of SDSSJ095209.56+214313.3: The Most Luminous Coronal-line Supernova Ever Observed, or a Stellar Tidal Disruption Event?". Astrophys J 701: 105. doi:10.1088/0004-637x/701/1/105.
- Barres de Almeida U., De Angelis A., "Enhanced emission from GRB 110328A could be evidence for tidal disruption of a star, arXiv1104.2528 (2011)
- Gurzadyan V.G., Savvidy G.K. "Collective relaxation of stellar systems, Astron. Astrophys. 160, 203 (1986)
- Gurzadyan, V.G.; Kocharyan, A.A. (2009). "Collective relaxation of stellar systems revisited". Astron. Astrophys 505: 625. doi:10.1051/0004-6361/200912218.
- Vesperini, E (1992). "Possible observational indication for Gurzadyan-Savvidy relaxation for globular clusters". Astron.Astrophys 266: 215.
- Gurzadyan V.G., Pfenniger D., Eds., Ergodic Concepts in Stellar Dynamics, Lecture Notes in Physics, vol.430, Springer, 1994. http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.0398; M. Eingorn, Gurzadyan's Problem 5 and improvement of softenings for cosmological simulations using the PP method, http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.0220
- Gurzadyan, V. G.; Margarian, A. T. (1996). Physica Scripta 53: 513. Bibcode:1996PhyS...53..513G. doi:10.1088/0031-8949/53/5/001.
- Gurzadyan V.G. et al. (2007). "Lowering the light speed isotropy limit: European Synchrotron Radiation Facility measurements". Il Nuovo Cimento B122: 515. arXiv:astro-ph/0701127. Bibcode:2007NCimB.122..515G.
- Gurzadyan V.G. et al. (2012). Proc. 12th M.Grossmann Meeting on General Relativity B: 1495. arXiv:1004.2867. Bibcode:2010arXiv1004.2867G.
- Bocquet J-P.et al. (2010). Physical Review Letters 104 (24): 24160. arXiv:1005.5230. Bibcode:2010PhRvL.104x1601B. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.104.241601.
- Gurzadyan V.G.,  Kolmogorov complexity, string information, panspermia and the Fermi paradox, Observatory 125, 352 (2005) ).
- Allahverdyan A.E., V.G.Gurzadyan V.G.,  Arrows of Time and Chaotic Properties of the Cosmic Background Radiation, Journ. Phys. A35, 7243 (2002).
- Gasche, H., Armstrong, J.A., Cole, S.W. and Gurzadyan, V.G., Dating the fall of Babylon: A Reappraisal of Second-millennium Chronology, University of Ghent and the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago,1998.
- Gurzadyan V.G., "On the Astronomical Records and Babylonian Chronology", Akkadica, v.119-120, p.175 (2000); Gurzadyan V.G.,  "The Venus Tablet and refraction.", Akkadica v.124, p.13 (2003); Gurzadyan V.G.,  Astronomy and the Fall of Babylon, Sky & Telescope, v.100, No.1 (July), p.40 (2000); Gurzadyan V.G., Warburton D.A.,  On the Available Lunar and Solar Eclipses and Babylonian Chronology, Akkadica, v.126, p.195 (2005).