Vaishnava Center for Enlightenment
The Vaishnava Center for Enlightenment (founded 1994) is an organization based in East Lansing, Michigan. It is a signatory to a wide range of public resolutions and petitions and works towards creating awareness on civil rights and humanitarian issues. Shrikumar Poddar was one of three founding trustees of the Bharatiya Temple of Lansing, who established the temple as a non-profit organization in January 1982.
The centre has worked on issues such as:
- Urging Congress to support civil liberties 
- Ending the genocide in Darfur, Sudan.
- Meeting the demands of the Narmada Bachao Andolan and halting the construction of the Maheshwar and Narmada dam projects,
- Promoting harmony and dialogue between Hindus Muslims, as well as opposing communalism and human rights violations.
The center opposed revisionist edits proposed by two Hindu organizations in California's textbook curriculum (see Californian Hindu textbook controversy).
- Letter to House of Representatives Committee
- Asking Congress to Support the Civil Liberties Restoration Act (Human Rights Watch, 16-6-2004)
- "Organizational Mmembers". Save Darfur Coalition. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- Resolution Of International Ngo'S On Maheshwar Dam
- IRN's Narmada Campaign: NGO Letter to World Bank on SSP
- South Asian Development Partnership, UK
- NRI's for a Secular and Harmonious India