|• Total||38.86 km2 (15.00 sq mi)|
|Population (Dec 2013)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Courchapoix, Rebeuvelier, Courroux, Bärschwil(SO), Mervelier, Corban, Grindel(SO), Erschwil(SO), Beinwil(SO), Courchapoix, Schelten(BE), Elay(BE), Corcelles(BE), Crémines(BE)|
Val Terbi is a municipality in the district of Delémont in the canton of Jura in Switzerland. The municipalities of Montsevelier, Vermes and Vicques merged on 1 January 2013 into the new municipality of Val Terbi.
Montsevelier is first mentioned in 1136 as Muzivilir. The municipality was formerly known by its German name Mutzwil, however, that name is no longer used Vermes is first mentioned in 866 as Vertima. In 1308 it was mentioned as Vermunt. Vicques is first mentioned in 866 as Vicum.
The former municipalities that make up Val Terbi had an area of 38.86 km2 (15.00 sq mi).
The historical population is given in the following chart:
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 18 August 2014
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 2 January 2013
- Montsevelier in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Vermes in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Vicques in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Bevölkerungsentwicklung nach Region, 1850-2000 (German) accessed 29 January 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Val Terbi.|