From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vala can refer to:
- Vala, a Rajput clan found in Gujarat in India
- Asad Vala (born 1987), Papua New Guinean cricketer
- Jorge Vala, Portuguese academic
- Lobat Vala (born 1930), Iranian poet and activist
- Numonius Vala, a Roman family name, or any of the men of that name
- Vaju Vala, Indian politician
- Vajubhai Vala, Indian politician
- Vala (Middle-earth), an angelic being in J. R. R. Tolkien's fiction
- Vala Mal Doran, a fictional character in the Canadian-American television series Stargate SG-1
- Vala, or The Four Zoas, a poem by William Blake
- Religion and mythology
- Vala (Vedic), a demon or a stone cavern in the Hindu scriptures
- Völva, a priestess in Norse mythology and Norse paganism
- Veles (god), a similar demon in Slavic mythology.
- Science and technology
- 131 Vala, an asteroid discovered in 1873 named after a prophetess in Norse mythology (Völva)
- VALA, Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc., an Australian not-for-profit organisation
- Vala GSM, a mobile operator in Kosovo
- Vala (programming language), a programming language targeting GNOME's object system
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.