The Vale Academy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Motto||'Aspire and Achieve'|
|Chair of Governors||Steve Hodsman|
|Location||Westmoor House, Grammar School Road
|Local authority||North Lincolnshire|
|DfE URN||137453 Tables|
|Houses||4 - Elgar, Brunel, Shakespeare and Pankhurst|
|Colours||Elgar = Blue; Brunel = Red; Shakespeare = Yellow; Pankhurst = Green|
The Vale Academy is one of two schools in Brigg, together they operate as the Brigg Sixth Form College. Brigg Sixth Form also has a partnership with Baysgarth School to offer a greater range of sixth form courses across the three school sites.
The school was previously a secondary modern. It became a comprehensive in September 1976, and a Music and Technology College in 2007. It joined the Schools Partnership Trust and officially became an academy on 1 September 2011.
In 2011 the Vale had GCSE results of 56% at grades A*-C, which was close to the local education authority's average of 52%.
The Vale Academy Admissions Policy conforms to the Local Authority (LA) policy on admissions.
Years 7-11 provide places for approximately 150 pupils per year. At the beginning of the Autumn term of pupils’ final years at primary school, parents are issued with details of the arrangements for transfer to secondary school. They are invited to visit the schools, and to inspect copies of school prospectuses. Parents complete a Common Admission Form, (CAF), which is returned to the LA by the end of October in the school year before transfer, and parents receive notification of their child’s allocated school in March of that year. The admission limit at the Vale Academy is currently 162. This is reviewed annually by the Governing Body. The Vale Academy 2013 admissions status provides openings to all students for all years.
- "Our Academies", School Partnership Trust Academies
- "GCSE Results: North Lincolnshire students celebrate outstanding grades", Scunthorpe Telegraph, 25 August 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Brigg academy celebrates good (with outstanding) Ofsted rating", Thisisscunthorpe.co.uk. Retrieved 9 July 2013
- "The Vale Academy", Ofsted School inspection report 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013
- "North Lincolnshire Council - The Vale Academy", North Lincolnshire Council, 11 October 2013.