From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Valentine Louis Telegdi|
January 11, 1922|
|Died||April 8, 2006
Pasadena, California, United States
|Institutions||University of Chicago, ETH Zürich, CERN, California Institute of Technology.|
|Notable awards||Wolf Prize (1991)
Lilienfeld Prize (1995)
United States National Academy of Sciences member (1968)
He was the Enrico Fermi Distinguished Service Professor of Physics at the University of Chicago before he moved to ETH Zürich. After retiring from ETH he divided his time between CERN and the California Institute of Technology.
- Brown, L. M. (2009). "Valentine Louis Telegdi. 11 January 1922 -- 8 April 2006". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society 55: 291–304. doi:10.1098/rsbm.2009.0012.
- "Valentine Telegdi elected as a foreign member of The Royal Society of London - CERN Courier". Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Lippincott, S. (2007). "A Conversation with Valentine L.Telegdi – Part I". Physics in Perspective 9 (4): 434–467. doi:10.1007/s00016-006-0306-2.
- Lippincott, S. (2008). "A Conversation with Valentine L.Telegdi – Part II". Physics in Perspective 10: 77–109. doi:10.1007/s00016-006-0307-1.
- "Array of Contemporary American Physicists | Valentine Telegdi". Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Laurie M. Brown. "Valentine Louis Telegdi: 1922-2006, Biographical Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences". Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Bargmann, V.; Telegdi, V. L. (1959). "Precession of the Polarization of Particles Moving in a Homogeneous Electromagnetic Field". Physical Review Letters 2 (10): 435–436. Bibcode:1959PhRvL...2..435B. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.2.435.
- Cabibbo, Nicola; Freund, Peter G. O.; Gell-Mann, Murray; Goldberger, Marvin L.; Nambu, Yoichiro; Oehme, Reinhard; Okun, Lev; Winston, Roland (July 2006). "Obituary: Valentine Louis Telegdi". Physics Today 59 (7): 66–67. doi:10.1063/1.2337842.
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Hungarian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|