Valerie Grove (born 11 May 1946 in South Shields) is a British journalist and author, for many years she worked as a feature writer, interviewer and columnist for The Times newspaper.
After graduating from Girton College, Cambridge, she joined the London Evening Standard in 1968, eventually becoming that newspaper's literary editor.
She has published biographies of writers Dodie Smith (1996), Laurie Lee (1999) and John Mortimer (2007). So Much To Tell, a biography of the children's book editor Kaye Webb, was published in May 2010.
Valerie Grove is married to Trevor Grove (a former editor of The Sunday Telegraph) and lives in London.
- ^ "Weekend birthdays", The Guardian, 10 May 2014: 52
- ^ Valerie Grove, "Northern exposure helps David Miliband to grow", The Times, 2 August 2008.
- ^ Dennis Griffiths (ed.), The Encyclopedia of the British Press 1492-1992, London and Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1992, p. 280.
- ^ Valerie Grove, "Rumpole creator John Mortimer dies at 85", The Times, 17 January 2009.
- ^ Agent's biography page, United Agents.