Valiente (2012 TV series)
|Valiente (2012 TV series)|
|Created by||Archangel Productions
|Developed by||Gina Marissa Tagasa|
|Written by||Phil M. Noble
Ma. Zita Gargarena
|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
|Starring||JC de Vera
Michael de Mesa
(See Full Cast)
|Theme music composer||Vic Sotto (Music)
Gina Marissa Tagasa (Lyrics)
|Opening theme||"Valiente" by Vic Sotto|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||98 (final)|
|Executive producer(s)||Annabelle T. Macauba|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i|
|Original run||February 13, 2012– June 29, 2012|
|Related shows||Valiente (1992)|
Valiente is a Philippine drama television series, aired and broadcast on TV5. It is the remake of the 5-year original epic drama of the same name that tells the story of love, hatred, vengeance and friendship.
It returns with a cast led by JC de Vera, Oyo Boy Sotto, Niña Jose, Nadine Samonte, Jaclyn Jose and Michael de Mesa. It is written by Phil M. Noble from the original story of highly acclaimed writer Gina Marissa Tagasa and is directed by multi-awarded film and television director Joel Lamangan. It is produced by Archangel Productions and TAPE Inc. and aired on February 13, 2012, after Wiltime Bigtime.
It recounts the epic tale of two families whose lives are intertwined by their desire to claim what they believe is rightfully theirs. Gardo and Theo from the two conflicting families of Valiente and Braganza; are two men who used to be best of friends but came to be mortal enemies brought by the ambitious Donya Trining and how will she use her wealth and power in manipulating the life of Gardo Valiente, the real Braganza.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast and Characters
- 4 Production
- 5 Critical Reception
- 6 Theme Song
- 7 Production Staff
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Valiente is the remake of the 5-year classic and epic drama written by the highly acclaimed scriptwriter Gina Marissa Tagasa and from the original concept of Antonio Tuviera, topbilled by Tirso Cruz III, Michael de Mesa, Glenda Garcia and Mariz Ricketts. It was originally offered by TAPE Inc., broadcast on ABS-CBN from 1992 to 1995 and transferred / broadcast on GMA Network from 1995 until its last episode on 1997.
The soap's story centered on two best friends: Don Armando Braganza and Damian Valiente, most especially their sons, Theo Braganza and Gardo Valiente, whose lives are opposite from one another. Theo was born rich, a playboy and was groomed as an heir to one of the biggest haciendas, Hacienda Braganza. Gardo on the other hand, was born poor, God-fearing and was poised to take over his father Damian as one of Hacienda Braganza's workers. Despite their differences, Gardo and Theo treated each other like brothers until the death of Don Armando which causes conflict within the Hacienda Braganza when Donya Trinidad took over the ownership, as well as the accidental death of Gardo's mother, Luming brought by Theo. The conflict turned for the worse as an uprising occurred in Hacienda Braganza which caused the imprisonment of Gardo's father Damian. After which, Gardo falls for Theo's youngest sister, Maila. Their relationship was doomed from the start as Theo never liked Maila for Gardo as he preferred Maila's elder sister Leona to fall for his friend.
Because of extreme jealousy Leona suffered, she admitted the crime her brother made to Gardo. Theo had accidentally shot Luming Valiente while playing his father's gun a long time ago. Donya Trining concealed this incident by blaming it on rebels. Gardo after finding out of this incident later on planned to retaliate to Theo. He used the rebel's power to threaten the Braganzas. To fix this problem, Donya Trining agreed to imprison Theo but in exchange Gardo will marry Leona. On the day of their marriage, Gardo took his place to reveal Theo's crime in front of prominent persons and mediamen. Because of this incident, Leona lose her consciousness that made her to be placed in a mental hospital, where they discovered that Leona's pregnancy was brought by an anonymous man who raped her.
Theo became very sad on what happened to his family. His sadness let him to comfort his self on a bar where he met Vivian, a G.R.O. Vivian knowing on newspaper that her customer is a prominent person placed herself off from Theo even though it did gives love to her. She also advised Theo to come home and face his problems. Theo, knowing Leona's situation, became very mad to Gardo. This let him attempt to kill Gardo one night after burning its face on a fire. Don Luis saw Gardo left bloodied on his way to Rancho Regalado. On the other hand, The Braganzas are in need to supplement their company's near bankruptcy. Donya Trining seeing Vincent Lee, a Chinese businessman that invests a lot in Bahay Pangarap look for him and asked for help. She let her son Theo to be married to Vincent Lee's daughter Elaine to support their company's financial problem. Maila left sorrowful on Gardo's false death. Joel Gatchalian, Theo's friend took this incident to have Maila's love. The situation made Maila to answer yes to Joel's marriage proposal.
Gardo, was left scarred by the tragedy and the betrayal his best friend done to him. Don Luis, pursued him to take his revenge to the Braganzas. Gardo changed his name as Nicolas Vallejo and studied a lot all about business. He even became one of the top amateurs in the corporate world. On the other hand, the ambitious Donya Trining decided to run for mayor of San Rafael. Vincent hearing this supported Donya Trining for him to have the political power on his side for his businesses. He gave up a lot of money for Donya Trining's election campaign. Miguel Magno, Donya Trining's opponent for being mayor took Damian as his adviser and his campaign manager. As his financial support, Miguel took Don Luis. At the end, Donya Trining became the new elected Mayor of San Rafael replacing Mayor Manding. Donya Trining commanded Peping to kill Damian but accidentally the gunshot went to Don Luis. Later they accused Damian for doing this. Damian went to his niece, Vivian to hide from Trining's power. Vincent on the other hand, requests Mayor Trining for her debts to pay it to him immediately. The greedy Mayor Trining in exchange gave him his death. She commanded Peping to kill Vincent. Mayor Trining commanded the whole San Rafael to find Damian with a 2 million pesos in exchange. However, the evidences points Mayor Trining as the primary suspect and this turned out as Nicolas good luck. Mayor Trining asked for Nicolas help to hide her from her crimes. Nicolas helped her with one condition, that is to give him the Villa Braganza's lot title. Mayor Trining with no doubt did what Nicolas said.
The speculative news about Mayor Trining's crime to Don Luis spread through the whole San Rafael. Elaine, knowing this speculative news confronted Theo for what his mother did and decided to join the Union's People Power to overthrow Mayor Trining in her political position. The Union's move failed to overthrow Mayor Trining because Nicolas Vallejo supported her but promised that he will give all the Union's right after the passing party of the villa's title. Nicolas surprised all in the party. He introduced his self as his real personality, the real heir of Don Armando, a Braganza. He removed his mask and introduced him as the alive Gardo Valiente. Gardo also ordered all of the Union's members to arrest Mayor Trining for its crime to Don Luis and Vincent Lee. Hearing this, Maila fainted then all the townspeople went in turmoil. The Braganzas find their way to escape with the help of Peping. They used two vehicles in which one is for Donya Trining and Peping and the other is for Theo, Leona and her daughter Amanda. Peping decided to change their way but left Theo and Leona to a trusted driver to whom they will be kept to a secret hideout.
Cast and Characters
- Gardo Valiente/Nicolas Vallejo/Gardo Braganza (JC de Vera) He is the son of Damian and Luming Valiente. Born from a poor family of farmers in the Hacienda Braganza, grew up as a kind and loving son to his parents. He is Theo's childhood bestfriend brought by his father's friendship to Don Armando, but their friendship will be marked, tested and will losen by Donya Trining. Despite the hindrances brought by the Braganza's, he will continuously fight for his love to Maila. A night came when Theo attempted to kill him after burning his face on a fire that scarred his face. Don Luis accidentally saw him on a place where he was left bloodied by a gunshot wound. On that day, Don Luis helped him and later together planned a revenge to the Braganza's. He changed his name as Nicholas Vallejo and studied a lot about the business especially in the field of the corporate world. He returned as a rich young businessman to whom the Braganza's in need in help to save their company from bancruptcy. His real identity will be Donya Trining's biggest barrier to her ambitions. He is Don Armando's hidden son to Luming and the only and real Braganza.
- Theo Braganza/Theo Ramirez (Oyo Sotto) Eldest child of Don Armando and Donya Trining Braganza. Born from a prominent and wealthy family of hacienderos in San Rafael, he will be the heir of the Hacienda Braganza. He was Gardo's bestfriend and will be its mortal enemy. His obedience and faithfulness to his mother will be the reason to break his friendship with Gardo. He was the one who accidentally killed Luming Soledad Valiente, Gardo's mother when he was young and playing his late father's gun. His real identity will be uncovered brought by Grado's real identity. His real father was Donya Trining's right manipulative hand, Peping Ramirez.
- Leona Braganza (Niña Jose) Second child of Don Armando and Donya Trining Braganza. She inherited her mother's intelligence, wisdom and temperament. All of the things she wants she gets, aside from Gardo to whom she was obsessively inlove. She will do everything to get Gardo from Maila. She was raped by an anonymous man to whom she got her child that made her lose her consciousness together with Gardo's set-up that was brought in her wedding.
- Maila Braganza/Maila Regalado/Maila Braganza Valiente (Nadine Samonte) Third child and adopted daughter of Don Armando and Donya Trining Braganza. Treated as a real daughter by Don Armando. When Don Armando died, she was left in manila to continue her studies while her brother Theo and Leona is in abroad to study. When she finished her studies, she returned to her native town, San Rafael where she will again saw Gardo. Victorino Penitente, her godfather gave her the management of the Bahay Pangarap, an orphanage. Her love and affection to Gardo will be tested many times by her family especially Donya Trining. Her real mother is Mila Regalado-Arden who left her on Bahay Pangarap Foundation, an orphanage.
- Donya Trinidad "Trining" Delos Reyes-Braganza/ Mayor Trining Braganza (Jaclyn Jose) A woman raised from poverty, came to be wealthy and prominent with the use of her beauty and wisdom. She is Don Armando's wife and the root cause of wickedness in the Hacienda Braganza and San Rafael. She caused Don Armando's death to thoroughly obtain the Braganza's wealth and power. She will make sure that her children were all in the right place and in the right people. She is the hindrance between Gardo and Maila's love. She is the cause of Gardo's vengeance against the Braganzas. Because of her great ambition, she became the Mayor of San Rafael with the help of Vincent Lee and Don Luis.
- Damian Valiente (Michael de Mesa) A good and patient bestfriend and righthand of Don Armando in manipulating the Hacienda. He was Ramon and Delia Valiente's only son and was born and studied in San Ildefonso but worked in San Rafael; became Don Armando and Don Luis best friend. He is Gardo's father and Luming's husband. He is the leader of hacienda's workers to which Donya Trining's rival to Don Armando in terms of regulating the hacienda. He will suffer pain and hardships brought by the death of his bestfriend, Don Armando and his wife, Luming. He will be suffering maltreatment by Donya Trining in all of his ways and decisions. He has a hidden secret that was the real identity of Gardo, Luming's son to Don Armando.
- Pepito "Peping" Ramirez (John Regala) Donya Trining's right hand in manipulating Hacienda Braganza and probably San Rafael. He's the biological father of Theo and Leona.
- Don Armando Braganza (Mark Gil) A good and well-grounded haciendero of the Hacienda Braganza. He is the husband of Donya Trining and the father of his 3 children; Theo, Leona and Maila. He is a good father to his children especially Theo and his adopted daughter Maila. He taught Theo good things and the good way on how the hacienda would be properly organized. He is the childhood bestfriend of Damian Valiente, who is just a farmer of their hacienda. His decisions and actions about the hacienda and its farmers are referred first to Damian. His disease will be the reason of his death that was used by Donya Trining to thoroughly obtain his family's wealth and power. He had a past that will change the lives of Gardo and Theo, and will be a rigid barrier to Donya Trining's ambitions.
- Iluminada "Luming" Soledad-Valiente (Gina Alajar) A loving and thoughtful wife and mother to Damian and Gardo. She is a brave woman who is ready to oppose Donya Trining's greediness. She has a past that will change her son's life and fate. She was accidentally shot dead by Theo on her way home from market.
- Victorino Penitente (Tony Mabesa) A former priest and is currently the owner of Bahay Pangarap, an orphanage. He is one of Don Armando's friend.
- Ariston Bugayon (Jaime Pebanco) A farmer on the Hacienda Braganza that has a dark past with Donya Trining. His father and siblings were all brutally killed by Donya Trining's right hand, Peping after his father shown an impolite talk against Donya Trining on a conference. He was left and adopted by Damian and Luming after what happened to him.
- Mayor Manding (Menggie Cobarrubias) The Mayor of San Rafael and a friend of the Braganza's.
- Donya Corazon Braganza (Racquel Villavicencio) The widowed mother of Don Armando and the matriarch of the Hacienda Braganza. She opposed Don Armando and Luming's love affair, which caused Luming to hide her child to Armando. She also opposed Trining and Armando's love affair.
- Jody (Meg Imperial) Theo's personal assistant and secretary to whom he had a son named Theodore.
- Vivian (Sunshine Garcia) Damian's niece to whom he lived for a while to find Gardo. She was a G.R.O./prostitute that once served Theo on a bar. Theo from then had fell in love to her.
- Atty. Manalad (Joel Saracho) The labor union's trusted lawyer to whom they seeks legal assistance in all decisions they made.
- Ricky (Nicco Manalo) Gardo's cousin and an ally for the planned downfall of the Braganza's.
- Tess (Erika Padilla) Maila's bestfriend.
- Dexter de Oro (Andrew Schimmer) Son of the prominent and wealthy family of De Oro's. He was once used by Donya Trining to catch the responsibility for Leona's pregnancy to be Leona's husband.
- Jaden (Jhiz Deocareza) An orphan in the Bahay-Pangarap closed to Gardo and Maila. He was adopted by Gardo and Maila as their son.
- Pinang (Maria Cristina "Kite" Lopez) The loyal mayordoma of the Braganza. She is the one who care the young Theo, Maila and Leona.
- Mila Regalado-Arden(Lorna Tolentino) An intelligent, brave and luxurious woman but known for being frank and silent person. She is the daughter of Don Eduardo and Donya Amelia Regalado, prominent hacienderos of San Ildefonso, a nearby town to San Rafael. She is Don Luis' younger sister who married an American and lived in United States until she managed her Real Estate business. She is currently the COO and Acquisitions Director of the Crimson Estates, the leading real estate corporation on Europe, Asia and America. She will make revenge to Gardo for she thought that Gardo is the reason of her brother's death. She will use her position in the business industry and her relation to Don Luis to recover all the Regalado Properties. Her past will uncover Maila's identity. She had given birth to a girl several years ago and left it in an orphanage.
- Elaine Lee-Braganza (Roxanne Guinoo) The daughter of Vincent Lee who is forced to marry Theo Braganza in an arranged marriage. She will be trapped to an unhappy marriage with Theo because he didn't love her but Vivian. She will take revenge to the Braganza's along with Gardo as her accomplice.
- Minerva Magbanua (Odette Khan) The mother of Donya Trining Braganza who suffered Syphilis and Dementia that affected her mental consciosness and memory.
- Joel Gatchalian (James Blanco) A rich young man who becomes the boyfriend of Maila and a friend to Theo.
- Simon (Allan Paule) Mila's personal fiduciary that was once a colleague when they we're rebels.
- Martha (Frances Ignacio) She is Don Luis' personal secretary and ally in his vengeance to the Braganza's.
- Vincent Lee (Toby Alejar) A wealthy Chinese businessman who becomes Donya Trining's ally. He will pursue his daughter Elaine to marry Theo to bind their families. He will help Donya Trining in saving to bankruptcy of the Braganza's sugar refinery business.
- Miguel Magno (Ramon Christopher Gutierrez) A wily politician who’ll be Donya Trining's political opponent when she runs as mayor of San Rafael.
- Don Luis Regalado (Tirso Cruz III) The one who saved Gardo from death, helped and used him in revenge to the Braganza's. He was the son of Don Eduardo and Donya Amelia Regalado and the only brother of Mila Regalado. He was once a business opponent to Don Armando Braganza. In Donya Corazon's commandment, his entire family was brutally burned and killed. From then on, he planned a revenge after his return from going abroad.
- Czarina Suzara as Young Leona
- Lianne Valentine as Young Maila
- Ross Fernando as Young Gardo
- Arvic Rivero as Young Theo
- Cogie Domingo as Young Armando
- Biboy Ramirez as Young Damian
- Ciara Sotto as Young Luming
- Kathleen Hermosa as Young Trining
- Jay Aquitania as Young Ariston
- Joe Gruta as Ka Narding
- Mike Magat as a Hacienda farmer
- Dinkydoo Clarion as a Hacienda farmer
- Kimo Paez as a Hacienda as a Hacienda farmer
- Billy James Renacta as a Hacienda farmer
- Arjon Lozada as a Hacienda farmer
- Jose Mari Ora as a Hacienda farmer
- Jobert Luzares as a Hacienda farmer
- Edwin Reyes as Police Chief
- Miguel Moreno as Doc Jake
- Dang Cruz as Ilyang
- Jessa Mae Bonguyan as Reine
- James David Forda as Kent
- Lui Manansala as Atty. Dela Rosa
- Cara Michel Briquel as Marga
- Kerbie Zamora as Matthew
- Jett Alcantara as Ka Solomon
- Jerald Napoles as Domeng
- Robert Correa as a Bodyguard
- Kirby Cristobal as a Policemen
For a span of more than 3 years, TV5 continues in providing viewers quality dramas with highly acclaimed writers and directors, and foremost actors / actresses of the Philippine Showbizness(Showbusiness) / Cinema that booms the Philippine television. TV5 presents its new and the year's most anticipated TV Series, Valiente; the remake of the classic teledrama of the 90's with a powerhouse cast of exceptional actors and actresses of 3 generations. The main cast of the series was revealed on its story conference held last November 7, 2011. The series is directed by the multi-awarded and highly acclaimed director, Joel Lamangan fresh from GMA Network's Pahiram ng Isang Ina. The show was written by Phil M. Noble the one who write TV5 Drama's Nandito Ako and Isang Dakot Na Luha. The show was developed by the highly acclaimed writer, Gina Marissa Tagasa way back 1992 from its original telecast. The series brings back its original protagonist, Michael de Mesa to play Damian Valiente, exactly two decades from the date it originally aired on ABS-CBN. This was the third TV project for a TV5 Drama by: JC De Vera after My Driver Sweet Lover and Ang Utol Kong Hoodlum, Nadine Samonte after Rod Santiago's The Sisters and Sa Ngalan ng Ina, and Oyo Boy's Midnight DJ and Carlo J. Caparas' Bangis. Together they form the 4 main young cast with Niña Jose. Oyo Sotto and Nadine Samonte once worked as love team on GMA Network's telefantasya, Leya and now working as siblings in the series. This was the first major project for Niña Jose on TV5 after transferring from ABS-CBN.
Veteran actor's and actresses also form the powerhouse cast of the series. Jaclyn Jose was added to the cast after the unfortunate rejection of Ms. Amalia Fuentes to the role, Donya Trining Braganza. Carmi Martin's ex-partner Mark Gil and its brother's ex-wife Gina Alajar was also added to portray the roles Don Armando Braganza and Luming Valiente. The role Luming Valiente was supposedly given to Cherry Pie Picache but it did reject. Another veteran actor, Rez Cortez was also added. This was the first appearance of the said veteran actors together with Michael de Mesa on a major TV5 Drama. Jaclyn Jose also worked on Star Confessions' pilot episode as mother of April Gustillo. Gina Alajar also worked on Untold Stories Mula sa Face to Face in one of its weekly episodes presenting real and untold lives of Face to Face guests. Before this series, Rez Cortez also had a special participation on Glamorosa, played as a Gang leader.
Roxanne Guinoo, Toby Alejar, Ramon Christopher Gutierrez and James Blanco were also added in extension of the series. Roxanne portrays the role Elaine Lee, originally played by Jean Garcia. Toby Alejar played as Roxanne's father, Gutierrez played as Trining's political opponent and James Blanco played as Maila's boyfriend. This was the third TV5 Drama project for James Blanco after Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak and with Nadine Samonte in Rod Santiago's The Sisters. Another set of veteran actor and actresses were added to the series. Tirso Cruz III who played the original Theo Braganza now portrays the helping hand of Gardo Valiente, Don Luis Regalado. The villainess original Donya Trining Braganza, Odette Khan now returns as Minerva Magbanua, the mother of Jaclyn Jose being the new Donya Trining. Lorna Tolentino was added to portray the revenging former rebel Mila Regalado-Arden, Don Luis' sister and Maila's unknown mother.
The production is shot in Leviste Mansion, Hacienda Leviste and other town in Lipa City, Batangas.
Critics praised Jaclyn Jose's performance as the main antagonist, Donya Trining Braganza which was originally played by Odette Khan in the original version because of her colorful outfits and impressive handling of lines. In this revival, Carmi's character became the influential mayor who depicts the lives of her three children's relationships including Theo and Elaine's and even the lives of the townspeople. Memorable performances included the comeback of original characters Theo, Tirso Cruz III and Gardo, Michael de Mesa now played different roles. Tirso stars in a short appearance as Don Luis Regalado, a businessman and opponent of the late Armando Braganza while De Mesa's performance as Damian Valiente, main rival of Trining whose late wife Luming had a son out of wedlock named Gardo played by De Vera, the real Braganza. The TV series also tackled political views in modern society such as corruption, violence, and power.
The series was also received by critics as a masterpiece of a beautiful epic revival and one of the best epic remakes for television for the TV Network.((CN))
The official theme song of Valiente is an exceptional rendition of its original themesong entitled "Valiente" as performed by its original singer and music composer, Vic Sotto. Lyrics were made by Gina Marissa Tagasa and rearranged by Chris Martinez.
- Director: Joel Lamangan
- 2nd Unit Director: Rommel Penesa
- TV5 Head of Creatives and Entertainment: Perci M. Intalan
- Producer: Jojo Oconer
- Incharge of Production: Ramel David
- Production Unit Manager: Jeann Cabalda Bañaga
- Supervising Producer: Bhelle F. Francisco
- Original Story: Gina Marissa Tagasa
- Creative Manager: Elmer Gatchalian
- Head Writer: Phil M. Noble
- Executive Producer: Anabelle T. Macauba
- Associate Producers: Vangie F. Castillo, Adrian V. Santos
- Writers: Ma. Zita Gargarena, Liza Magtoto, Abner Tulagan, Joel Saracho
- Brainstormers: Emerson Jake Somera, Elle Ortiz Luis, Don Santella, Michelle Ngu
- Lighting Director: Monino Duque
- Production Designer: Edgar Martin Littaua
- Sound Supervision: Michael Idioma
- Master Editor: Roy Diomampo
- Musical Scorer: Richard Gonzales
- Technical Director: Renato Ching
- Assistant Director: Allan Noble, Paulo Molina
- Art Director: Renato Sanga, Diorgie Tubino
- Location Manager: Raul Caro
- Fight Instructor: John Lapid
- Supervising Editor: Don Santella
- Archangel Associate Editor: Mary Angeli Garcia
- Archangel Post Production Coordinator: Mario Rapinan
- Archangel Marketing and Promotions: Hanzel Vie Calma, Hazel Anne Liban
- Archangel Project Accountant: Mariz Lunaria
- Archangel Project Bookkeeper: Mavie Pamittan
- Cameramen: Jomar Uligan, Madison Fernandez, Jerry Burns, Rey
- Talent Coordinator: Virginia Genido
- Production Assistant: Edison Suarez, Mary Rose Manansala, Zayra Carreon
- Post Production Assistant: Reggie Panaguiton
- Recording Mixers of WildSound Studios: Addiss Tabono, Bebet Casas, Alex Tamboo, Roy Santos
- Stylist: Shahani Andel Gania
- Head Wardrobe: Simeon Guanizo
- Wardrobe: Ian Christopher Pangilinan, Jerry Nelson Dumayag, Jomar Pascua, Michael Aguyong
- Hair and Make-up Artists: Jessica Atendido, Ronel Buenavente, Christine Bunti, Eileen Ramos
- Gaffers: Wilson Rondina, Ramoncito Mariano, Sylvestre Bongay
- Assistant Location Manager: Virgilio Martinada
- Art Department: Ramil Pineda Robbie Vicente, McRichard Motel, Ferdinand Felicidario, Ezekiel Racho
- Art Department: Francisco Deogracia Jr., Mark Joseph Madriaga, John Martin De Guzman, Angel Benipayo
- Radio Caretaker: Elmo Gordas
- Utility: Romy Bello, Salve Defeo, Mark Joseph Caro
- Tent Caretakers: Junjun Rivera, Joey Dordas
- Crowd Control: Art Sajar, JR Decano
- Field Cashier: Ginger Laguata
- Legman: John Phillip Llamosa
- Michael de Mesa played Gardo Valiente in the original 1992 series. He plays his role as Damian Valiente (Gardo's father) in 2012 remake.
- Tirso Cruz III (fresh from the success of hit teleserye "Budoy" from ABS-CBN) is guesting as Don Luis who will help Gardo to take revenge against the Braganza's. Tirso originally portrayed Theo Braganza in the original series.
- Oyo Boy Sotto's father, Vic Sotto, sang the theme song during its first incarnation and for the remake.
- Oyo Boy Sotto and Nadine Samonte were worked together for a third-time from the previous GMA-7's Daytime Dramas "Ikaw Sa Puso Ko" and "Leya" as a loveteam. In this series, they will be working together as siblings.
- This marks the reunion of Mark Gil and his former wife Jacklyn Jose as well as his brother Michael de Mesa and his ex-wife Gina Alajar.
- The role of the young Trining is played by Oyo Boy Sotto's sister-in-law, Kathleen Hermosa, while the role of young Luming is played by Oyo Boy's cousin, Ciara Sotto.
- This 2012 remake is now part of Primetime-Drama Series (on TV5) instead a Daytime-Drama Series (on ABS-CBN 2 & GMA-7) in the original 90's version.
- This is Czarina Suzara's second TV appearance on TV5. The first one being Lipgloss on 2008. This is also her first role as an antagonist and her first primetime drama. Aside from these, Suzara also appeared in GMA7's Maynila alongside Albie Casino (ABS-CBN) and another Kapatid artist Ritz Azul.
- Cherry Pie Picache was the first choice to play the role of Luming Valiente but was replaced by Gina Alajar.
- Just like Czarina Suzara, Nina Jose, who played the role of grown-up Leona Braganza also appeared in the teen-oriented drama Lipgloss.
- The remake was released exactly 20 years after the original version
- Gina Alajar had an appearance in the series after the success of Amaya then later appeared in GMA7's Hiram na Puso.
- Velasquez is the original surname of Elaine in the original version but replaced her surname as Lee in this series.
- Odette Khan played the original Donya Trining and now will be a part of the remake as Minerva Magbanua, Donya Trining's mother.
- Vivian is now as G.R.O. (also Damian's niece) in this series. In the original version, she's a maid of the Braganzas.
- Valiente returns this Monday on TV5 primetime retrieved via www.interaksyon.com 02-09-2012
- "Valiente returns on TV5". Sun.Star. 2012-02-10. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Valiente TV5 JC de Vera Nadine Samonte Oyo Sotto Niña Jose - Teleserye". Asianovela. 2012-02-19. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Valiente returns on TV5 primetime - The Philippine Star » News » Entertainment". Philstar.com. 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "TV5's "Valiente" - Page 2". Pinoyexchange.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Contact Support". Daily-news-live.tk. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Posted by shriek! (2011-12-30). "'Valiente' will soon return on Philippine TV via TV5 | Shriek!". Shrieknews.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Ang pagbabalik ng Valiente retrieved via www.tv5.com.ph 01-05-2012
- "Valiente - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "A 'dark' Niña Jose in TV5's Valiente - The Freeman » The Freeman Sections » Cebu Entertainment". Philstar.com. 2012-02-11. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Abante-Tonite Online | Showbiz". Abante-tonite.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- PEP.ph. "PEP REVIEW: Jaclyn Jose gives an outstanding performance in TV5's Valiente | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Pinoy Big Blogger (2012-01-06). "Michael De Mesa Returns to the Country to Do TV5?s ‘Valiente’ Remake". Pinoy Big Blogger. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Abante Online | Entertainment". Abante.com.ph. 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Pagkontra sa kabadingan walang katotohanan Pacman misquoted lang - TAKE IT! TAKE IT! Ni Lolit Solis - Pilipino Star Ngayon » Pilipino Star Ngayon Sections » Showbiz". Philstar.com. 2012-05-18. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "'Valiente' extended, casts Lorna Tolentino in special role | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online". Mb.com.ph. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Sallan, Edwin P. (2012-05-23). "Lorna Tolentino joins cast of ‘Valiente’ as series gets extended | Entertainment News –". Interaksyon.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Nitz Miralles (2012-04-30). "Sharon & Sen. Kiko mark wedding anniversary in Thailand | Showbiz". Journal.com.ph. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Xian Lim Sobrang Taas Ng Ere?! – P.S.S.S.T. Politics Showbiz Sports Schools Trends". Pssst.com.ph. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Tsismis sa top executive at gwaping na director na hiwalay na raw…not true! | Remate". Remate.ph. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Mag-sister na Ara Mina at Cristine Reyes war na naman". Hatawtabloid.com. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Ang bagong Valiente music video". YouTube. 2011-03-27. Retrieved 2012-08-17.