|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Vallabh Vidhyanagar or Vallabh Vidyanagar is a town and a municipality in Anand district in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is located between Ahmedabad and Vadodara, 6 km from the town of Anand. V.V.Nagar is known as educational hub of Gujarat. The town is also famous for it's great resident Kirtan Bhatt,formerly of kendriya vidyalaya V.V. nagar, who is a mathematician, a musician, a writer, a poet and an actor. He has describe this town as "Peaceful corner of the world".
With the establishment of Charutar Vidya Mandal followed by the establishment of Sardar Patel University, the town founded by Shri Bhaikaka and Shri Bhikhabhai Saheb of Karamsad with the blessings of the iron-man Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a leader of the Indian Independence movement and the first home minister of India. The reason of foundation of the University and the town was to spread the Education in the Rural Areas of Gujarat. Both the town and the Sardar Patel University (SPU) are named in honor of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The town is also known as V.V. Nagar. SP University is listed in Top 50 universities in India.
Initially developed as an educational township, as the name suggests Vidya means Knowledge and Nagar means Town in Gujarati.
Education and Research
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Advertisement like statements in 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. (September 2014)|
Besides 24 university postgraduate departments, Vallabh Vidyanagar (also known as VV Nagar) has many charitable trusts running colleges, affiliated to the Sardar Patel University. The oldest of these is CVM (Charutar Vidya Mandal). With the new dimension of disciplines emerging, CVM expanded to the New Vallabh Vidyanagar. The university has been the strongest candidate for becoming the only Central University in Gujarat. In fact, many departments boast to be on the national and international map in their subjects. The university was the first in Gujarat to volunteer for accreditation by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and, in 2001, SPU was rated four star by NAAC. The university has attracted a significant number of foreigners to enroll in programmes including BBA, BCA, MCA, MBA, M-EB, Engg, Medical, M.Sc.,Master of Industrial Hygiene & Safety Ph.D. etc.
AERC Vallabh Vidyanagar (for the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan) is one of the reputed research centres in India. AERC Vallabh Vidyanagar was established in July 1961 at the Sardar Patel University (SPU), Vallabh Vidyanagar by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES), Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), Government of India (GOI), New Delhi. It was late Shri H.M. Patel (ICS retd.) who not only provided the vision for establishing such an Institute but also ensured the much needed support and encouragement for its growth at Vallabh Vidyanagar. The AERC, Vallabh Vidyanagar was singularly fortunate to have Dr. V. S. Vyas as its founder Director, whose pioneering efforts, has established rich traditions of research in agricultural economics. This tradition was nurtured in the subsequent phase of three and half decades by Dr. Mahesh Pathak who served as Hon. Director during 1972-2006. Another unique strength of the Centre has been the association of some of the most distinguished economists of Country.
The AERC Vallabh Vidyanagar has completed 53 glorious years (1961-2014) of its journey marked by both achievements and challenges. During these years, the Centre has emerged as a strong policy feedback centre of the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India due to hard work and strong commitment of the staff in the Centre. The Centre has by now completed 152 problem-oriented studies, 21 village surveys and 4 village resurveys. The studies have come out with useful findings and policy implications for agricultural and rural development of the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan. Many seminars and conferences were organized by the Centre (jointly with PG Department of Economics) during these years. Since 1970, the Centre has been also organizing the work of Comprehensive Scheme to Study Cost of Cultivation of Principal Crops in Gujarat entrusted to the S P University by the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
Some specialities of Vallabh Vidyanagar are:
- A university named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of India.
- A Regional Library in Mathematics catering to the needs of the Western Region of India set up by the NBHM (National Board for Higher Mathematics), Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- Charutar Vidya Mandal that had a former Finance Minister, late Shri H.M. Patel, as its president.
- The town that had a municipality president who would once become a Finance Minister.
- A university that has an FM radio station (there were only two such universities in India as of September 2005).
- The university that is covered under the Edusat, a UGC Scheme of Nationwide Live Lectures using a satellite.
- Has the oldest engineering college, Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya. This was inaugurated by Lord Mountbatten of Burma.
- Vidyanagar Nature Club now known as Voluntary Nature Conservancy / VNC, working since 1988 for environment education, awareness and protection, a leading NGO in Anand district that is registered Public Charitable Trust, located in Vallabh Vidyanagar and is responsible for well-protected trees and its pollution-free atmosphere.
→VNC group on Facebook has more than 22,000 members which is perhaps most in category of any Indian Environmental NGO. 
- V V Nagar has more than 80 species of ♣ trees ♠ planted on roadside; it has perhaps highest numbers of trees in the state of Gujarat in such a small area.
- Town has largest colony (habitat) of rose-ringed parakeet (સુડા); last count was in 2003-4 was of more than 63,000 parakeets.
- V V Nagar is home to renowned photographer Sunil Adesara,  in 1997 his photo exhibition “ the transcendence” was done at national centre for performing arts (NCPA) Mumbai and again in 1999 at Indira Gandhi national centre for arts (IGNCA) New Delhi.
- Sunil Adesara has been awarded in 1992 by 'UNESCO' Japan an animal in daily life, in 1999 by "Nikon landscape photo contest", Mumbai, in 2003 by humanity awards china on cultural heritage, in 1990, by WHO Geneva "life for all"
- Vidyanagar Alumni Association USA is representing ardent supporters of V V Nagar, settled in USA, are striving to stay connected with its hometown which has played major role in their present day prosperity. 
- First educational website of the town is vvnLive.com.
- Another upcomig website for complete view on the town is .
As of 2001[update] India census, Vallabh Vidhyanagar had a population of 29,260. Males constitute 56% of the population and females 44%. Vallabh Vidhyanagar has an average literacy rate of 83%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 88%, and female literacy is 77%. In Vallabh Vidhyanagar, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Charutar Vidya Mandal. "Welcome to Charutar Vidyamandal". Ecvm.net. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Welcome to Sardar Patel University". Spuvvn.edu. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Naacindia.org". Naacindia.org. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- www.nbhm.dae.gov.in (2013-01-19). "www.nbhm.dae.gov.in". www.nbhm.dae.gov.in. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- Recent Event. "Vidyanagar Nature club". www.vncindia.org. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.