||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
Valle Nevado is a ski resort located at 46 km to the east of Santiago, the capital of Chile. It is one of the most recent and most popular ski resorts in Chile and it is placed on the El Plomo foothills in the Andes Mountains. Valle Nevado is one of the most modern tourist and ski centers in South America. It was founded in 1988 by French entrepreneurs, who used well-known European ski resorts as models. The resort includes housing facilities with hotels, shops, restaurants, pubs and bars to meet the holiday and entertaining needs of the holiday makers throughout the entire year, carrying on activities, tours and events both in summer and winter. The winter space has about 800 hectares of skiing area and 35 slopes. 10% of them are for beginners, 35% for intermediate, 33% for advanced and 21% for experts. The resort has 6 ski lifts and 4 chair lifts. In the last years the slopes have been enhanced and a snow park and a half pipe have been created for practicing acrobatic ski, free style ski, ski jumping and snowboarding3. Valle Nevado has been the venue of some of the dates of the snowboarding World Cup since 2003. It is also possible to practice heli-skiing.4 The ski season in Valle Nevado starts in June and ends in October, if the weather condition is appropriate. It is possible to enjoy the fresh snow during most of this period of time.
- 1987: The dream about opening a new concept in ski resorts in Chile begins.
- 1988: The French-Chilean project called Valle Nevado opens its doors. It was inspired by the winter resort Les Arcs, in France, and this new ski center is placed in the Andes Mountains.
- 1998: The resort management is in Chilean hands. Valle Nevado is focused on developing an integrated service area, in order to meet all its clients’ needs.
- 2001: The chairlift Andes Express is launched. It is the first detachable chairlift in the region, which made Valle Nevado able to achieve the leadership in the South American ski market.
- 2008: Valle Nevado celebrates 20 years of passion for the snow with its clients. The construction of Valle de los Condores building starts in the same year. For this reason, two embarking carpets are installed in the El Prado and El Mirador ski lifts. The Jardin de Nieve receives the children by launching the Magic Carpet
- 2009: La Trattoria and Montagnard restaurants merge and El Mirador del Plomo is born. The construction of the second building in Valle de los Condores starts. The three existent hotels are restored.
- 2010: The Master Plan development starts. Two new ski lifts are installed: a double chair lift in Ballicas base and a ski lift in Cima Valle del Inca, which allows the opening of 5 new slopes. The works in Curve 17 started, creating 350 new parking spaces and places for rental, a ski school and a ticket sale spot. La Fourchette restaurant and the Valle Nevado Hotel are also restored.
- 2013. Valle Nevado Ski Resort launches the first mountain cable car in Chile, reinforcing its position as the leader ski resort in the region due to its infrastructure and modernity.
Monday to Friday (except holidays): uphill and downhill rides all day long. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: uphill rides from 08:00 to 13:00. Downhill rides from 16:00 to 20:00. No restriction from 20:00 to 8:00 of the next day.
In summer and winter your entertainment in Valle Nevado is guaranteed: ski and snowboard contests and championships, torch parties, DJ’s, live music, fashion shows, shop boulevards, Fitness SPAs, heated swimming pools, cinema theatres, open fire cooking and happy hours are just some of the many activities that are waiting for you at the best ski resort in Chile.
- Swimming pool and Terrace
- Horse riding
- Summer Map
- Lunch in the Mountain
- Family Holidays
- Winter Activities
Columbia Snow Challenge
- Mall Sport South America World Rookie Fest
- Red Bull Power Escape
- Ski and Snowboard Club
Valle Nevado Hotel
This is the most exclusive and special of our hotels and it was restored this season. You can reach the slopes directly from the lobby. http://www.vallenevado.com/es/tourvirtual-hotelvallenevado/
Puerta Del Sol Hotel
It was restored in 2009 and it is family environment oriented. It has some bedrooms that can be connected among them. You can choose a terrace overviewing the slopes or the magnificent valley. http://www.vallenevado.com/es/tourvirtual-hotel-puerta-del-sol/
Tres Puntas Hotel
It has everything the ski fan needs to enjoy it with their family or friends. Its price is the most convenient one and it is located at only 150 m. from the slopes: http://www.vallenevado.com/es/hotel-alojamiento/
- MIRADOR DEL PLOMO
- LA FOURCHETTE
- DON GIOVANNI
- BAJO ZERO
- www.vallenevado.com/es/ (Spanish Site)
- www.vallenevado.com/en/ (English Site)
- www.vallenevado.com/pt/ (Portuguese Website)
- www.vallenevado.com/facebook (Latam Facebook)
- http://vallenevado.com/facebook_en (USA Facebook)
- http://vallenevado.com/facebook_br (Brazil Facebook)
- https://www.vallenevado.com/es/blog/ (Spanish Blog)
- https://www.vallenevado.com/en/blog/ (English Blog)
- https://www.vallenevado.com/es/blog/ (Portuguese Blog)
- https://twitter.com/valle_nevado (Twitter)
- http://instagram.com/valle_nevado (Instagram)