Valley View, South Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
Golf course at Valley View
|Population||5,981 (2006 Census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Salisbury, City of Port Adelaide Enfield, City of Tea Tree Gully|
|State electorate(s)||Florey, Playford|
Valley View Post Office opened on 1 June 1967 and closed in 1993. An earlier office was opened as Para Vista on 13 January 1964, was renamed Valley View in October 1964 and Valley View East in May 1967 and closed in August 1967.
The age distribution of Valley View residents is comparable to that of the greater Australian population. 71.0% of residents were over 25 years in 2006, compared to the Australian average of 66.5%; and 29.0% were younger than 25 years, compared to the Australian average of 33.5%.
The largest park in Valley View is Thomas Turner Reserve on Nelson Road.
The suburb is serviced by the following main roads:
- Walkleys Road, running north-south between Ingle Farm and Gilles Plains.
- Grand Junction Road, running east-west between Port Adelaide and Vista
- North East Road, running northeast-southwest between Collinswood and Inglewood
Valley View is serviced by public transport run by the Adelaide Metro.
- City of Salisbury
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield
- City of Tea Tree Gully
- Local Government Association of SA - City of Salisbury
- Local Government Association of SA - City of Port Adelaide Enfield
- Local Government Association of SA - City of Tea Tree Gully
- 2006 ABS Census Data by Location