Valor Christian High School
|Valor Christian High School|
Influence Through Excellence
|3775 Grace Blvd.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, 80126
|Head of school||Kurt Unruh|
|Color(s)||Navy, Columbia Blue, White|
|Athletics||4A; Football 5A|
|Athletics conference||Jeffco (4A); Football: Centennial (5A)|
Valor Christian High School is a Christian high school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. The school opened in 2007 to both freshmen (9th grade) and sophomore (10th grade) students. In 2008 and 2009, a junior and senior class was added, respectively.
The entire campus is approximately 35 acres (140,000 m2) in size.
Athletically, there are two gymnasiums, an indoor climbing wall, wrestling room, fitness center, locker rooms, a stadium, synthetic field and olympic track, softball and baseball fields, six tennis courts and an international sized lacrosse and soccer field.
Students and Faculty
In 2007, 155 freshmen and sophomore students were enrolled with plans to expand each year with a goal of 1,200.
As of August 2014, there was a total enrollment of approximately 879 students with a 9:1 student to faculty ratio. There are 90 members on the faculty. 54 of the faculty have advanced degrees and 6 have a doctorate degree.
For the school year 2012/2013, the mid quintile of students at Valor had an average GPA between 3.19-3.44, the mean ACT score was 25. The Class of 2014 students were accepted to over 200 schools nationally and internationally. Valor offers 12 Honors courses and 17 Advanced Placement Courses of which over 200 students scored a 3 or higher on the AP test. 
Valor students are heavily involved in extra-curricular activities, with over 78% and 75% of students involved in arts and athletics, respectively. Valor students are required to earn service hours, 25 per year - where they help those in the Denver Community who are in need. In addition, over 300 students and leaders went on 19 Discovery experiences in 2013 to help those less fortunate around the world.
Boys Basketball; Girls Basketball; Wrestling; Girls Swimming and Diving; Ice Hockey; Poms; Cheer
Baseball; Girls Soccer; Boys and Girls Lacrosse; Boys and Girls Track & Field; Girls Golf; Girls Tennis
Disc Golf; Rock Climbing; Ping Pong; Skiing
- On May 20, 2009, the Valor Christian Girls Soccer team was the 4A Colorado State Championship Runner-Up to Wheat Ridge High School.
- On October 6, 2009, Valor Christian won the 4A Colorado State Boys Golf Championship at Highlands Ranch Golf Course. Valor won the team title and had the individual champion, Wyndham Clark.
- On December 5, 2009, Valor Christian won the 3A Colorado State Football Championship at Legacy Stadium in Aurora, defeating Steamboat Springs 41-14.
- On May 26, 2010, the Valor Christian Girls Soccer team, again, was the 4A Colorado State Championship Runner-Up to Wheat Ridge High School.
- On October 5, 2010, Valor Christian repeated as 4A Colorado State Boys Golf Champions at The Club at Flying Horse golf course.
- On December 4, 2010, Valor Christian won the 4A Colorado State Football Championship at Mile High Stadium, defeating Wheat Ridge 38-8.
- On May 25, 2011, Valor Christian won the 4A Colorado Girls Soccer Championship at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, defeating Wheat Ridge 1-0.
- On October 3, 2011, Wyndham Clark won his second individual state title at Pelican Lakes Golf Course, with scores of 64-64.
- On December 4, 2011, Valor Christian won its second 4A Colorado State Football Championship at Mile High Stadium, defeating Pine Creek 66-10.
- On December 1, 2012, Valor Christian won its fourth consecutive Colorado State Football Championship, this time in the 5A class, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, defeating Cherokee Trail 9-0.
- On May 16–18, 2013, Valor Christian High School won the girls 100 and 200 Meter Dash, girls 4 X 100 Relay, boys 4 X 100 Relay and the boys 4 X 200 Relay at the 4A Colorado State Track and Field Championship at Jeffco Stadium in Lakewood, Colorado.
- On September 30 - October 1, 2013, the Valor Christian High School Boys Golf Team won the 4A Colorado State Golf Championship at Hiwan Golf Club in Evergreen, CO.
- On Saturday, November 30, 2013, Valor Christian High School won its fifth consecutive Colorado State Football Championship, at Sports Authority Field defeating Fairview High School 55 to 16.
For the 2014-16 cycle, Valor joined the Jeffco 4A League in all sports except for football as determined by the Colorado High School Association's Classification and League Organizing Committee. 
- "Christian high school welcomes 'pioneers'", Rocky Mountain News, September 4, 2007. Accessed 4 September 2007.
- "2009 CHSAA Girl's Soccer results" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "COgolf: 2009 CHSAA Boys 4A Golf Championship". Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Colorado high school football championship game results archive". Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "2010 CHSAA Girl's Soccer results" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "2010 COgolf: CHSAA Boys 4A Golf Championship". Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "2011 CHSAA Girl's Soccer results" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "COgolf: 2011 CHSAA Boys 4A Golf Championship". Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Max Preps, A CBSSports.com Site, America's Source for High School Sports
- http://www2.chsaa.org/about/board-of-control/LCMinutesJan2014.pdf, pgs 14 and 16, Accessed 26 August 2014.