Odin Staveland and Paul Hansen
live with Vamp in 2011.
|Genres||Traditional folk music and folk rock|
Øyvind Staveland – violin, viola, accordion, flute, vocals
Torbjørn Økland - guitar, mandolin, bouzoki, trumpet, backing vocals
Vamp (initiatedted in 1990) is a folk-rock band from Haugesund, Norway with founding members Øyvind Staveland, Calle Øyvind Apeland, Paul Hansen, Bjørn Berge, Odin Staveland and Tore Jamne. The band's musical profile is a mix of Norwegian traditional folk music combined with Celtic music and rock.
Vamp have so far (2013) released nine studio albums, collected ten gold records, three platinum records, two triple platinum and been awarded Spellemannprisen five times. After the success of I full symfoni, which is a live album from concerts with Kringkastingsorkesteret, they were among other things, named This years spellemann at the Spellemannprisen award in 2006.
They have a large and loyal fan base in power of both their music and the Norwegian lyrics. Most of the lyrics are written by Norwegian poets and writers. Most notable of their lyrical collaborators are Kolbein Falkeid, which they have worked with throughout his career. Falkeid has written the bulk of the lyrics on the first three albums, and his texts have been used in all the other albums as well. Another important contributor to text page is Arnt Birkedal which has contributed lyrics to most of the albums, as well as Ingvar Hovland, which has been the main contributor on the last two albums. Most of the music is written by Øyvind Staveland and at the beginning of their career Jan Toft contributed lyrics.
- Permanent members
- Øyvind Staveland (born 20 May 1960) – violin, viola, accordion, flute, vocals (1990 – current)
- Carl Øyvind Apeland (Calle Øyvind Apeland) (born 18 April 1964) – bass, keyboards, guitar, backing vocals (1990 – current)
- Joining members
- Bjørn Berge (born 23 September 1968) – guitar, vocals (2014 – current)
- Paul Hansen – vocals, guitar, harmonica (2008 – current)
- Odin Staveland – keyboard, drums, guitar, vocals – (2008 – current)
- Tore Jamne – drums, percussion (1998–2005, 2010 – current)
- Former members
- Torbjørn Økland – guitar, mandolin, bouzouki, trumpet, chorus (1990 – 2014)
- Jan Toft – vocals, guitar (1990–1999)
- Erling Sande – drums, percussion (1990–1995)
- Cliffie Grinde – drums, percussion (1995–1998)
- Vidar Johnsen – vocals, guitar, keyboards, percussion (2002–2006)
- Birger Mistereggen – drums, percussion, harmonica (2008–2009)
|1998||Flua på veggen||5|
|1999||Ei med alt||10|
|2000||En annen sol||3|
|2013||To me alt||1|
- Live albums
|1996||Live – på Folken||20|
|2006||Vamp i full symfoni with Kringkastingsorkestret||1|
|2010||Vamp i full symfoni II||1|
- Compilation albums
|2006||"Tir n'a noir"||3|
- "Vamp Biography". Store Norske Leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- Jacobsen, Roar Eskild (2014-10-22). "Bjørn Berge blir ny Vamp-gitarist" (in Norwegian). Haugesunds Avis. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- Kvindesland, Per Øystein; Stokka, Magnus (2014-10-22). "Bjørn Berge blir ny Vamp-gitarist" (in Norwegian). NRK Rogaland. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
- "Vamp Discography". NorwegianCharts.com. Retrieved 2015-03-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vamp.|
|Recipient of the Spellemannprisen
as This year's Spellemann