Van Buren High School (Ohio)
For schools with a similar name, see Van Buren High School.
|Van Buren High School|
|217 South Main Street
Van Buren, Ohio, (Hancock County), 45889
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Van Buren Local Schools|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black |
|Athletics conference||Blanchard Valley Conference|
|Team name||Black Knights|
|Athletic Director||Ryan Hite|
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
The Black Knights compete in the following sports:
- Soccer (Boys' and Girls')
- Golf (Boys and the first Girls team in the history of Hancock County)
- Cross Country (Boys' and Girls')
- Volleyball (Girls')
- Basketball (Boys' and Girls')
- Wrestling (Boys', was coed 2004-2005)
- Track & Field (Boys' and Girls')
- Indoor Track
The Black Knights are well known recently for their success on the golf course, in which they have won or shared a BVC title over the past seven years. They have also advanced to the state tournament in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Van Buren High School is somewhat known in Ohio for its music department, mainly in vocals. The concert choir has received multiple Superior ratings at state contest, including the 2005, 2006, and 2007 contests. Along with the choir, Van Buren is home of the decorated show choir group "The Association," which competes in class C.
Recently, the Van Buren Black Knight Marching Band received a superior rating at Findlay OMEA competition which qualified them for State Contest. On November 6, 2009, the VBMB traveled to Dublin, OH to compete in State for the first time in Van Buren history. They received a II rating and missed a I rating by one point.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Website". Retrieved 2006-12-31.