|Census-designated place & Unincorporated community|
|• Total||21.009 sq mi (54.41 km2)|
|• Land||20.466 sq mi (53.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.543 sq mi (1.41 km2)|
|Elevation||531 ft (162 m)|
|• Density||56/sq mi (21/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||128408|
Vandiver is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. Its population was 1168 as of the 2010 census. One structure in Vandiver, the Falkner School, is listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage. Gymno-Vita Park, a 110-acre (45 ha) naturist campground for couples and families, is located in Vandiver.
- Fred Whitfield, former Major League Baseball player
- David McCluskey, professional boxer who fought future world champions Mike McCallum, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Julio Cesar Vasquez, and Glen Johnson.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Vandiver". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- "Properties on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage". Alabama Historical Commission. www.preserveala.org. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Coe, Richard (July 11, 1993). "THE NAKED TRUTH". Anniston Star, The (AL) (News). Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- "David McCluskey - Boxer". Boxrec.com. 1962-08-04. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|