||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|Born||Vandolph Lacsamana Quizon
May 7, 1984
Vandolph Quizon is a Filipino actor and comedian. He is one of the King of Comedy, Dolphy's sons.
He is married to dancer Jenny Salimao, with his son Vito Quizon. He is also the son of actress and councilor Alma Moreno. He has 16 half siblings Manny Salud Dolphy Jr. Freddie Edgar Rolly (children of Engracia Dominguez) Mariquita Carlos Geraldino Edwin (children of Gloria Smith) Ronnie, Eric, Madonna and Jeffrey. (children of Pamela Ponti), Rommel (son of Evangeline Tagulao) and Zia Quizon (daughter of Zsa Zsa Padilla).
He has a daughter from a previous relationship, Gabrielle Avante
Television and Film Career
1980's Showbiz Debut
Vandolph's very 1st movie was Balimbing: Taong Huyango in 1986 with his real life father the late comedy king Dolphy.
Vandolph appeared in Ang TV on ABS-CBN 2 in 1992, then followed by a sitcom Home Along Da Riles also on channel 2, the same year, he also did a drama athology with his real father Dolphy on Maalaala Mo Kaya. In 1993, He also appeared on GMA are GMA Telecine Specials which he plays a hyper kid who went to America. The same year, he launched a new sitcom Tondominium with actors Richard Gomez, former Paranaque Vice Mayor Anjo Yllana and the late beautician Jun Encarnacion, the sitcom was directed by former Paranaque Mayor Joey Marquez, which Vandolph's stepfather from his mom's ex-husband.
In 2000, Vandolph's first action series was Pintados on GMA with his co-stars Michael Flores, Assunta Del Rossi, Angelika Dela Cruz and Sherwin Ordonez. In 2001, he was involved in a car accident. He survived with Amnesia but his girlfriend "Ishi" died due to head injuries. In 2005, he guested in a youth oriented drama series, Maynila also on GMA, and guested a reality shows Victim Extreme on ABS-CBN and Extra Challenge on GMA 7. The same year, Vandolph met Jenny Salimao and they become longtime love partners.
In 2006, he launched his 1st gag show, Quizon Avenue on ABS-CBN 2. In 2008, His biggest break was an action series Palos on channel 2 with his co-stars Cesar Montano and Jake Cuenca. The same year, he returns to sitcom via John En Shirley a spin-off of John En Marsha with Susan Roces, Mitch Dulce, Maricel Soriano, and his father, Dolphy Quizon. In 2009, Vandolph signed a contract on TV5, he joined a family fantasy sitcom, Pidol's Wonderland, and he was a celebrity guest judge on Talentadong Pinoy also the same year. In 2010, he returns to drama anthology, Untold Stories Mula Sa Face To Face on TV5.
In 2011, Vandolph returns to drama again and his biggest break was Babaeng Hampaslupa, a Chinese themed drama and very first primetime drama serye on TV5, with his co-stars Alex Gonzaga, Jay Manalo, Former Sen. Freddie Webb, Mart Escudero, Karel Marquez, Dolphy Jr., Jenny Quizon, Dianne Medina, Alice Dixson and Ms. Susan Roces. Vandolph returns to big screen via Praybeyt Benjamin released by Star Cinema & Viva Films, this was also Vandolph's 1st movie for Viva Films and also returned to Star Cinema since his last movie was Home Along Da Riles 2, the comedy movie also with his co-stars with Vice Ganda, Jimmy Santos, Malou De Guzman, Eddie Garcia, DJ Durano, Kean Cipriano, Bodie Cruz, Carlos Agassi, Derek Ramsay & Nikki Valdez.
In 2012, Vandolph returns to comedy again and also his first Fantaserye for Kids entitled Wako Wako marking Vandolph's return to ABS-CBN 2 after his last teleserye was Palos with his co-stars Cesar Montano & Jake Cuenca in 2008, his co-stars in Wako Wako are Gladys Reyes-Rojas & Comedy Concert Queen Ai-Ai Delas Alas.
In 2013, Vandolph returns to VIVA Films via a comedy action movie The Fighting Chefs with Ronnie Rickets and Dinky Doo Jr., this was Vandolph's 2nd VIVA movie. He also guested in a game show Minute To Win It.
In 2014, Vandolph's newest movie ABNKKBSNPLAko, with co-stars Jericho Rosales, Andi Eigenmann & Meg Imperial. Recently, he is also part and returns to drama again via The Legal Wife with co-star's Angel Locsin, Jericho Rosales, JC De Vera & Maja Salvador, the role said which he plays the best friend of Angel Locsin.
- Ang TV (ABS-CBN 1992)
- Home Along Da Riles (ABS-CBN 1992-1998) - Baldomero "Baldo" Kosme
- Pintados (GMA Network 2000)
- Magpakailanman (GMA Network 2002)
- Home Along Da Airport (ABS-CBN 2003-2005) - Baldomero "Baldo" Kosme
- Victim Extreme (ABS-CBN 2005)
- Maynila (GMA Network 2005)
- Extra Challenge (GMA Network 2005) - Challenger
- Quizon Avenue (ABS-CBN 2006)
- O-Ha! (ABC 2006)
- John En Shirley (ABS-CBN 2006-2007)
- Sabi Ni Nanay (RPN 2007)
- Palos (ABS-CBN 2008)
- Eat Bulaga (GMA Network 2008) - joined and won as EB Bebot
- Talentadong Pinoy (TV5 2009)
- Pidol's Wonderland (TV5 2009)
- Untold Stories Mula Sa Face To Face (TV5 2010)
- Babaeng Hampaslupa (TV5 2011)
- Wako Wako(ABS-CBN 2012)
- Wiltime Bigtime (TV5, 2012) - Guest Host
- Wansapanataym (ABS-CBN 2012)
- It's Showtime (ABS-CBN 2012) - Celebrity Judge
- Toda Max (ABS-CBN 2012) - Guest
- Be Careful With My Heart (ABS-CBN 2012)
- Minute To Win It (ABS-CBN 2013) - Guest
- The Legal Wife (ABS-CBN 2014)
- Balimbing: Mga Taong Hunyango (1986)
- Wanted: Bata Batuta (1987)
- Bata Batuta (1987)
- Engteng The Dragon (1988)
- Bulag Pipi At Bingi (1991)
- Pempe ni Sara at Pen (1992)
- Espadang Patpat (1992)
- Home Along Da Riles The Movie (1993) - Baldomero "Baldo" Kosme
- Walang Matigas Na Tinapay Sa Mainit Na Kape (1994)
- Hataw Tatay Hataw (1994)
- Boy Gising (1995)
- Father & Son (1995)
- Aringkingking (1996)
- Pakners (1997)
- Home Along Da Riles The Movie 2 (1997) - Baldomero "Baldo" Kosme
- Tatay-Nic (1998)
- Home Along Da Riber (2002)
- Nobody Nobody But Juan (2009)
- Father Jejemon (2010)
- Praybeyt Benjamin (2011) - Vandolph's 1st Viva Films movie
- The Fighthing Chefs (2013)
- ABNKKBSNPLAko (2014) - post-production
|1990||Metro Manila Film Festival ||Best Child Performer||Espadang Patpat||Won|
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:1990". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- Vandolph Quizon on IMDB