Vanguard Justice Society
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2008)|
The Vanguard Justice Society is a non-profit organization based in Baltimore, Maryland, representing the Baltimore Police Department's African American police officers. Founded in 1971, the organization's goals include:
- The promotion of Justice, Fairness and Effectiveness is Law Enforcement and the legality of action taken.
- To establish and maintain positive relations between the police and the community.
- To educate police officers so that we perform with professionalism, pride and sensitivity.
- To aid in the enlistment of qualified African Americans into the Law Enforcement profession.
- "Welcome to the official website of the Vanguard Justice Society, Inc.".
- "Opening eyes, minds: Youths see a world beyond Baltimore". The Baltimore Sun. July 6, 2008.