|Provinces and territories of Canada||Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipalities (R.M.)||Vanscoy No. 345|
|Post office Founded||1909-10-01|
|• Mayor||Lensen, Keith (2007)|
|• Land||1.49 km2 (0.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||228.1/km2 (591/sq mi)|
Vanscoy is a village of 339 residents in the rural municipality of Vanscoy No. 345, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Vanscoy is located on Highway 7 near Highway 762 in central Saskatchewan near Saskatoon the largest city in the province. To the west is Rice Lake, the north, Goose Lake and on the east, Pike Lake and Pike Lake Provincial Park. One of the largest economic industries near Vanscoy is Agrium Vanscoy Potash Operations which produces 1,790,000 metric tonnes of potash a year. Vanscoy has a bar and a gas station/convenience store which is attached to a restaurant.
Vanscoy School provides schooling for Kindergarten to Grade 8 within the village of Vanscoy.
- N/A = Data Not Available
Sites of Interest
Within 19 kilometers or 12 miles of Vanscoy is the Otapasoo Trails Recreation Site. Pike Lake Provincial Park has hiking trails, boating, and marsh land conservation area, and is located 16 kilometers or 10 miles to the south east of Vanscoy. Vade, Hawker, Hawoods, Farley, Dunfermline, Chambers, and Cory are unincoporated areas near Vanscoy. These areas were rail sidings and communities of origin in the early 1900s and not much is left at these sites. Cedar villa Estates a hamlet, outside of Saskatoon is a new development.
- Lat (DMS) 52° 00' 00" N
- Long (DMS) 106° 59' 00" W
- Dominion Land Survey
Sec.17, Twp.35, R.7, W3
- Time zone (cst) UTC-6
Vanscoy is considered part of the greater Saskatoon region and its close proximity to the city allows it direct access to most of its print, radio and television media.
|Kinley-Asquith||South Saskatchewan River-Pike Lake|
- National Archives, Archivia Net, Post Offices and Postmasters, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home, Municipal Directory System ([dead link] – Scholar search), retrieved 2007-05-26
- Canadian Textiles Institute. (2005), CTI Determine your provincial constituency, retrieved 2007-05-26
- Commissioner of Canada Elections, Chief Electoral Officer of Canada (2005), Elections Canada On-line, retrieved 2007-04-24 Unknown parameter
- "Agrium - Vanscoy, Saskatchewan". Archived from the original on 2007-04-04. Retrieved 2007-06-02.
- "Vanscoy School". Retrieved 2007-06-02.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatchewan City & Town Maps
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web Region
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- 2006 Community Profiles