Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||266 ft / 81 m|
|Railways around Varanasi|
Source: Google maps
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi International Airport (IATA: VNS, ICAO: VIBN) is a public airport located at Babatpur 18 km (11 mi) northwest of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Varanasi Airport was officially renamed as Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport in October 2005.It is the second busiest airport in Uttar Pradesh after Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Lucknow.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Kathmandu, Mumbai|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Khajuraho, Kolkata|
|Ventura Air Connect||Charter: Lucknow, Muirpur, Satna|
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (html). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Airports Authority of India". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Varanasi Airport renamed". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 20 October 2005.
- TNN Oct 4, 2012 (2012-10-04). "Cabinet grants international airport status to five airports". ET. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Varanasi Airport.|