Vardenik (Armenian: Վարդենիկ; until 1945, Gezeldara, Nerkin Gezaldara, Gyuzeldara, and Nizhnyaya Gezaldara) is a major village in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. The village sits on the Vardenis river, and was founded in 1828.
Vardenik is a birthplace of a famous Armenian actor, singer, artist, host, showman, script writer and movie producer Arsen Grigoryan. Vardenik is the largest rural community in Armenia by population.
- Vardenik at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazeteer: Armenia – World-Gazetteer.com
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide, Yerevan, Armenia: Matit Graphic Design Studio
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 46; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.
|This article about a location in Gegharkunik Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|