Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
|Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University|
|वर्धमान महावीर खुला विश्वविद्यालय|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Vinay Kumar Pathak|
|Visitor||Governor, State of Rajasthan|
|Students||34,000 (new enrollments.) - 2013|
|Location||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|Affiliations||COL, NAAC, UGC,DEC|
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University (Hindi: वर्धमान महावीर खुला विश्वविद्यालय is an open university in Kota, Rajasthan, India, established on July 23, 1987, and was initially known as Kota Open University. focussing particularly on the humanities, commerce, library science and informatics. The University includes among its aims the goal of seeking to educate those deprived under the conventional system of education. It is geographically distributed throughout Rajasthan, with six regional centres and several tens of "study centres" in different cities, in addition to a special Centre at New Delhi. The University has almost 34000 new admissions in year 2013 with a learner base of more that a lakh Students every year.
- VC's Page on Official Website http://www.vmou.ac.in/people/dr-vinay-kumar-pathak
- UGC's Rajasthan Page http://www.ugc.ac.in/stateuniversitylist.aspx?id=29&Unitype=2
- "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)". Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- "Courses". Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- http://www.vmou.ac.in official web site
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|