|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
June 14, 1931|
|Died||July 4, 2006
|Field||Sculpture, Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Illustration, Scenography|
Vasko Lipovac was born on June 14, 1931 in Kotor, Montenegro. After graduating from secondary school in Kotor, he came to Zagreb, Croatia in 1950. He enrolled in the Academy of Applied Arts and graduated in 1955.
From 1955 to 1959 he worked in the Master's Workshop of professor Krsto Hegedušić. That was a postgraduate study of a sort, one that gave talented young visual artists an opportunity to explore - each with their own artistic sensibility - their own artistic worlds within the contemporary movements of European and world art, which were very intensive and fruitful in the 1950s.
In a period of such creative force Vasko Lipovac will create his own world in the rich diversity of geometrical and anthropological humanistic reciprocity, nurturing a structural visual plausibility in sculpture and in painting, which was pouring out in time and space, as an always modern, powerful and dominant presence in contemporary Croatian visual art.
Since 1967, Vasko Lipovac has lived and worked in Split, Croatia, which, with its Mediterranean climate, inspired him to realise his poetic vision, and to create his visual richness, numerous works, cycles of paintings, graphics, watercolour paintings, sculptures and painted sculptures.
Since 1959, Lipovac has held around 100 solo exhibitions and over 200 group, juried, problem, conceptual, and important invitational exhibitions in Croatia and abroad. He received over twenty awards and honours for sculpture, painting, graphics, illustrations and public monuments.
Vasko Lipovac died on July 4, 2006.
Marko Marulić, 2006
- 1968 Award 5 of Plavi salon/Blue saloon, Zadar, redemption
- 1968 Award of Cetinjski salon/Cetinje Saloon, Cetinje
- 1969 Award of Zimski salon/Winter Saloon, Herceg Novi
- 1970 Annual award of NIP ”Slobodna Dalmacija”, Split
- 1971 Award for statue of 6th Zagrebački salon /Zagreb Saloon, Zagreb
- 1971 Award for statue of 3rd splitski salon/Split Saloon, Split
- 1972 Redemption prize of ”Večernji list” at VII zagrebačka izložba jugoslavenske grafike/7th Zagreb Exhibition of Yugoslav Graphics, Zagreb
- 1974 Redemption prize of 7th Zagreb Exhibition of Yugoslav Graphics, Zagreb
- 1974 Redemption prize of 1st Biennale of contemporary Croatian Graphics, Split
- 1975 Recognition of II jugoslavenski bijenale male plastike/ 2nd Yugoslav Biennale of Small Plastics, Murska Sobota
- 1975 Award for sculpture of VII splitski salon/7th Split Saloon, Split
- 1978 Award ”Grigor Vitez” for illustration, Zagreb
- 1978 Award for sculpture of VII mediteranski bijenale/ 7th Alexandria Biennale for Mediterranean Countries
- 1979 Award of the town of grada Split, Split
- 1981 Redemption prize, Jugoslavenski bijenale male plastike/ Yugoslav Biennale of Small Plastics, Murska Sobota
- 1986 Award Emanuel Vidović of Splitski salon/Split Saloon, Split
- 1987 Grand recognition of VII jugoslavenski bijenale male plastike/ 7th Yugoslav Biennale of Small Plastics, Murska Sobota
- 1988 Redemption prize of XIV zagrebačka izložba crteža/ 14th Zagreb Drawings Exhibition, Zagreb
- 1993 Redemption prize for the monument dedicated to the King Petar Krešimir IV, Šibenik
- 1995 The first award for the monument dedicated to Dražen Petrović, Zagreb - Olympic Museum Lausanne
- 1996 Award of Splitski salon/Split Saloon, Split
- 1997 Award of Festival akvarela Hrvatske/Festival of Water-colour of Croatia, Zagreb]
- 1998 2nd award for the monument dedicated to Marko Marulić, Zagreb]
- 2003 Award of Grafički bijenale/Graphic Biennale, Split
- 2004 Grand Prix of III trijenale akvarela Hrvatske/Triennale of Water-colour of Croatia, Karlovac
- 2006 Nagrada za životno djelo/Lifetime Achievement Award, "Slobodna Dalmacija", Split
- Exhibition "Cyclus", Olympic Museum Lausanne, 2000.
- "Croatian Art History" source: Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration
- Exhibition "Sea, Sport, Erotic - 3 times Lipovac" - Galerija umjetnina, Split, May - June 2006.
- Presentation of a Gallery "Vasko Lipovac", newspaper "Slobodna Dalmacija"
- Vasko Lipovac "Erotics", book
- "Graphic Games" - Catalog of the Exhibition, Split, October 2007.
- Google Art Project - Olympic Museum Laussane, works of Vasko Lipovac