|• Total||5,318 km2 (2,053 sq mi)|
|• Density||86/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 235 or (+40) 335|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-VS|
In 2011, it had a population of 375,148 and the population density was 70.54/km².
This county has an area of 5,318 km².
- Republic of Moldova to the east - Cantemir raion and Cahul raion.
- Neamţ County, Bacău County and Vrancea County to the west.
- Iaşi County to the north.
- Galați County to the south.
Vaslui County was heavily industrialised during the communist period and had large industrial complexes that went bankrupt during the 1990s. Today, the county's industry is mainly agricultural one, with other industries concentrated in the main urban areas.
County's main industries:
- mechanical components
- food stuffs
The main tourist destinations are the cities of Vaslui, Bârlad and Huşi. The Vaslui County Council, the county councils of the Moldovan Leova and Hînceşti districts, and the European Union (through the Phare program), have set up a program which seeks to promote tourism in these regions. The main tourist attractions of the Vaslui-Hînceşti-Leova touristic program are, among others, the medieval and early modern churches and monasteries, the Manuc Bei Hunting Palace and the Manuc - Mirzaian Manor Palace (similar to Manuc's Inn in Bucharest) in Hînceşti, as well as the region's natural riches.
Vaslui County has 3 municipalities, 2 towns and 81 communes
- Vaslui-Turism.ro - Official tourism website from the Vaslui County Council
- The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
- Itinerarii cultural religioase
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vaslui County.|