Vaughn Solomon Schofield
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2012)|
|Her Honour the Honourable
Vaughn Solomon Schofield
|21st Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan|
March 22, 2012
|Governor General||David Johnston|
|Preceded by||Gordon Barnhart|
October 25, 1943 |
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Gordon L. Schofield|
Vaughn Solomon Schofield, SOM SVM (born October 25, 1943) is the 21st and current Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan. Her appointment to the position was announced by Prime Minister Stephen Harper on March 6, 2012 to succeed Gordon Barnhart. Solomon Schofield was sworn in on March 22, 2012 at the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan. Solomon Schofield is a strong supporter of the Canadian Forces, and stated during her installation that the military will be her focus during her term. Her affection for the Forces stemmed from her time as Provincial Chair of the Canadian Forces Liaison Council, a position she was appointed to in January 2006. Solomon Schofield also holds the title of Honorary Colonel of 38 Service Battalion, which is part of 38 Canadian Brigade Group.
Solomon Schofield was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, but has most recently resided in Regina Beach, Saskatchewan. She was educated at the University of Saskatchewan, Regina Campus and the Ray-Vogue School in Chicago, where she earned a degree in Fashion Merchandising. She is married to Gordon L. Schofield and is the mother of Dr. Whitney Wignall, a pediatric dentist, and George, a graduate in Business Administration, who held the position of Mayor of Regina Beach in 2012.
Solomon Schofield was actively involved in a number of organizations. In the 1980s, she chaired the Board of Crime Watch, a 200,000-member crime prevention organization with groups in cities throughout North and South America. She has been Committee Chair, President, Vice-President and/or board member of a number of organizations in Regina, including St. John Ambulance, the Assiniboia Club, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, the Royal United Services Institute, and the Hospitals of Regina Foundation. Solomon Schofield also served as Chief financial officer of Sprite North America for ten years.
Solomon Schofield's other present and past board memberships and affiliations include: the Saskatchewan Roughriders (Honorary Director), 2003 Grey Cup Committee (Chair-Security Volunteers), Regina Chamber of Commerce Business to Business Expo, Opera Saskatchewan and the Salvation Army.
She is currently President and CEO of the Western Group of Companies, a business real estate organization holding interests throughout Western Canada.
- Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan, 2005
- Saskatchewan Volunteer Medal, 2007
- Saskatchewan Order of Merit, 2012 (Also Chancellor of the Order during her term as Lieutenant Governor)
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012
- Vaughn Solomon Schofield Becomes Provinces 21st Lieutenant Governor, March 22, 2012, retrieved March 22, 2012
- "Schofield says military will be focus of role", March 25, 2012
- "Vaughn Solomon Schofield", March 25, 2012
- CFLC Provincial Chair appointed Saskatchewan Lieutenant Governor, March 26, 2012
- "Board Member Biographies", March 25, 2012
- "Lieutenant Governor Vaughn Solomon Schofield"
- "PM announces Vaughn Solomon Schofield as Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan"