|Full name||Edvaldo Jizídio Neto|
|Date of birth||12 November 1934|
|Place of birth||Recife, Brazil|
|Date of death||19 January 2002(aged 67)|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|1951–1958||Vasco da Gama|
|1968||San Diego Toros||28||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Vavá, real name Edvaldo Jizídio Neto, (born 12 November 1934 in Recife, Brazil; died 19 January 2002 in Rio de Janeiro) was an association footballer who is widely considered one of the best strikers of his generation. His nickname was "Peito de Aço" (Steel Chest). He played as a full striker (center forward) whose only role was to score goals, which he did for Sport Club do Recife, C.R. Vasco da Gama, S.E. Palmeiras and the Brazilian national team.
Vava earned 20 caps with the Brazilian national team, scoring a total of 15 goals. He was on the side that won both the 1958 and 1962 World Cup, in which he scored 5 and 4 goals, respectively. Furthermore, he was a joint recipient of the 1962 World Cup Golden Shoe award.
Vavá scored in the final of both 1958 (twice) and 1962 (once), thus becoming the first player to score in the final of two different world cups. To this day, only four players achieved this feat, the other three being Pelé, Paul Breitner and Zinedine Zidane.
|1958/59||Atlético Madrid||La Liga||27||16|
|1968||San Diego Toros||North American Soccer League||28||5|
- World champion in 1958 and World champion in 1962 with the Brazilian national team
- Campeonato Pernambucano in 1949 with Sport Club do Recife
- Campeonato Carioca (Rio de Janeiro State championship) in 1952, 1956, 1958 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Campeonato Paulista (São Paulo State championship) in 1963 with Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras
- Torneio Rio - São Paulo (Rio – São Paulo Tournament) in 1958 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Oswaldo Cruz Cup: 1955, 1958, 1962
- Quadrangular Tournament of Rio: 1953 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Rivadavia Corrêa Meyer's Tournament (Rio): 1953 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Santiago de Chile Tournament: 1957 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Paris Tournament: 1957 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Theresa Herrera Trophy: 1957 with C.R. Vasco da Gama
- Guadalajara Tournament: 1963 with Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras
- FIFA World Cup Golden Shoe
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vavá.|
- Legends of the Football World Cup
- NASL stats
- BDFutbol player profile
- BDFutbol coach profile
- Vavá at National-Football-Teams.com
|FIFA World Cup Golden Shoe
Garrincha, Flórián Albert,
Leonel Sánchez and