|Publisher||Časopisno-založniško podjetje Večer, d.d.|
|Official website||Official website|
Večer (English: Evening) is a daily newspaper published in Maribor, Slovenia. It was officially established on May 9, 1945 as a publication declaring the liberation of Maribor called Maribor svoboden (English: Free Maribor). Regular circulation started on May 25, 1945 under the name Vestnik. But it wasn't before 1949 that it became a daily newspaper. In 1952, the newspaper was renamed Večer. Today it is the third largest daily newspaper in Slovenia(not counting tabloids) with a circulation of about 130.000 copies daily.
Slovenia's most influential newspaper company Delo, d.d. currently holds almost 80% of shares of Večer.
There are several weekly supplements and separate editions published by Večer:
- Kvadrati (Squares) a supplement about home decoration and maintenance;
- Bonbon (Bon bon) a lifestyle supplement;
- Zmigaj se (Let's Move) about spare time activities;
- TV Večer is a weekly TV guide;
- V soboto (On Saturday) comments on politics, economy and culture by notable columnists;
- 7 dni (7 Days) a family supplement;
- Naš dom (Our Home) about design, trends and ambient;
- Vroči Kaj (Hot What) is a separate erotic magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Večer.|