|Type||Public (TSX: VCM)|
|Headquarters||Victoria, British Columbia,
|Website||Vecima Networks Inc.|
Vecima Networks Inc. is a Canadian company, originally founded in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in 1988. Vecima has offices in Saskatoon, Burnaby, and Victoria. Vecima also has a software development facility in Mangalore, India. Vecima sells its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, MSOs and other service providers.
Sumit Kumar is the Chief Executive Officer and President.
Dr. Surinder Kumar is the founder of the company and is the Chairman of the Board.
- 2006 - Rebranded and changed company name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2005 - VCom transitioned to a public company and was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol VCM.
- 2003 - Changed name to VCom Inc and continued as a federal corporation pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Mid-1990's - Opened a microwave research facility in Victoria, BC.
- 1990 - Introduced its first commercial products, a line of modulators for the cable television industry.
- 1998 - Relocated head office to Victoria, BC.
- 1988 - Dr. Surinder Kumar founded and incorporated Wavecom Electronics Inc in Saskatoon, SK.