|Stable release||Vector NTI Express v1.1.1 (Mac & Windows); Vector NTI Advance v11.5.2 (Windows & Mac w/PC Emulation) / September 20, 2012|
|Operating system||Mac OS X 10.6+, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7|
|Type||Molecular biology Suite of Sequence Analysis & Design Software Tools (Curate, Discover, Design, Provision, Confirm)|
|Website||Vector NTI home|
Vector NTI is a commercial bioinformatics software package used by many life scientists to work, among other things, with nucleic acids and proteins in silico . It allows researchers to, for example, plan a DNA cloning experiment on the computer before actually performing it in the lab.
It was originally created by InforMax Inc, North Bethesda, MD. Initially released for free, it was locked and turned into a commercial software after 2008 which created problems for locked in users who were forced to buy the software to continue accessing their data on newer computers . It also caused many scientists to search for alternatives .
What was previously a single software package has been split into Vector NTI Express, Advanced, and Express Designer .
- perform and save BLAST searches
- design primers for PCR, cloning, sequencing or hybridisation experiments
- plan cloning and run gels in silico
- align multiple protein or DNA sequences
- search NCBI’s Entrez, view, and save DNAs, proteins, and citations
- edit chromatogram data, assemble into contigs
Notes and references
- Breifings In Bioinfromatics/><http://bib.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/4/378.short
- Vector (molecular biology), Vector DNA, Cloning vector, Expression vector
- Restriction map
- Computational biology
- List of open source bioinformatics software
Description of software