Vedika's mother tongue is Kannada. After finishing her education in the United Kingdom, Vedhika enlisted in Kishore Namith Kapoor School to learn acting and dancing skills for a career in films. During her time she was involved in modelling assignments and did a notable advert for biscuits alongside prominent actor Suriya. She was subsequently approached by Arjun to essay the lead role in his production Madrasi and Vedhika accepted the role. The film was based around Arjun's action image. She went on to feature in Raghava Lawrence's comedy horror Muni, and the film went to become an average grosser commercially. Her maiden Telugu venture was in Vijayadasami, a remake of the Tamil film Sivakasi,.
She starred next in Kaalai with Silambarasan Simbu and the film became notable for the dance number, "Kutti Pisase" with Vedhika's dancing being critically appreciated. She went on to appear in another film Sakkarakatti. The long-delayed film featured Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj making his debut in the lead role and A. R. Rahman providing the soundtrack, however Vedhika's role was described as one of the sole positives from the project. Later that year, she starred in a Kannada film, Sangama opposite Ganesh, and the film fetched her good reviews for her performance. In 2009, she appeared as the radio jockey Anjali in A. Venkatesh's Malai Malai with the film consequently going on to become a success commercially. The film had good scope for Vedhika and reviews cited her role as " eye candy" whilst claiming she was "apt" for the role. She made a comeback to Telugu films in the same year, with a role in the critically acclaimed Baanam. Her role won her plaudits, whilst her on screen presence with Nara Rohit was praised with a critic citing she gives "good company as the naïve girl" and it is "refreshing to see them together". After the release of Baanam, Vedhika went on a sabbatical and did not sign any other films until, despite making an appearance in a notable advert with Karthi for mobile company Airtel. She signed and next featured in the Telugu film Daggaraga Dooranga opposite Sumanth, which opened to average reviews in August 2011.
The actress was signed up by director Bala for Paradesi (2013), an adaptation of the 1969 tragic novel Red Tea, set in the 1930s. The actress signed the film in December 2011 and did not accept to appear in any other project till the release, sporting a significantly de-glamourised appearance and portraying a village character for the first time. The film, which also starred Adharvaa and Dhansika opened to unanimously positive reviews in March 2013 and performed well at the box office. Critics raved about her performance as Angamma, with the critic from The Times of India noting that "after doing roles that only required her to look pretty, Vedhika gets a chance to show off her acting skills" with Indiaglitz.com citing that she "produced a memorable performance". The critic from Rediff.com noted that "Vedhika plays the role of a young village belle to perfection", while Sify.com labelled that she delivered a "spellbinding performance". Later in 2013, she had another release, Sringaravelan, which was her first Malayalam film and it became one of the biggest Blockbuster film of the year .
|2013||Paradesi||Angamma||Tamil||Nominated for Filmfare Best Actress category|
- 'Sangama' is my best – Vedhika – Kannada Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Cinema Plus / Columns : My first break – Vedika. The Hindu (30 January 2009). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Movie Review:Muni. Sify.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Reviews : Movie Reviews : Vijaya Dasami – Movie Review. Telugucinema.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Vijayadasami Movie Review ::Nandamuri Kalyan Ram:: Audio Songs, Gallery, Audio Function,Trailors. Teluguone.com (22 September 2007). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- SAKKARAKATTI MOVIE REVIEW – Behindwoods.com Starring Shanthanu Bhagyaraj Ishitha Vedhika Direction Kalaprabhu Music A.R.Rahman Production Thanu hot images tamil picture gallery images. Behindwoods.com (5 December 2007). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Review: Sakkarakkatti. Rediff.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Sangama Review – Kannada Movie Review by RGV. Nowrunning.com). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Vedhika is married to work – Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Movie Review:Malai Malai. Sify.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Malai Malai Review – Tamil Movie Review by Aravindan. Nowrunning.com (2 August 2009). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Interview With Vedika – Interviews. CineGoer.com (23 September 2009). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- Vedika in Sumanth starrer. Sify.com (27 April 2011). Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- "Vedika heroine of 'Eriyum Thanal'? - Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2011-12-26. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Paradesi movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Paradesi Tamil Movie Review - cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Review: Paradesi is exceptional - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Movie Review : Paradesi". Sify.com. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Vedhika to romance Dileep - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-07-04. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- Vedhika not afraid of being typecast