|Other names||Veena A Khan Khattak |
|Years active||2000 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Asad Bashir Khan Khattak (2013-present)|
Malik made her film debut in 2000 with Sajjad Gul's Tere Pyar Mein. In 2002, she starred in Akbar Khan's Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa and Sassi Punno and later played roles in female-centric films such as Koi Tujh Sa Kahan (2005), Mohabbatan Sachiyan (2007), Kyun Tum Se Itna Pyar Hai (2005), Kabhi Pyar Na Karna (2008) and Ishq Be Parwah (2008). In 2012, she was seen in Bollywood with a comedy film Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai. The following year, she appeared in the dramedy Zindagi 50-50, Supermodel and the Kannada film Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga which was a box office hit. She also appeared in 2014 horror film Mumbai 125 KM 3D.
In addition to acting in films, Malik is active in humanitarian work, has a number of endorsement deals and is regarded as one of the most promising contemporary actresses in Pakistan.
In 2002, she was called by Prime TV to host a show called Prime Gupshup for them ushering a new direction for her comedic skills and she improvised on the hour-long show occasionally mimicking actors.
She hosted the Geo TV show Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain, in which she was hailed for her comedic parodies. In 2007, she graced the red carpet event of the Lux Style Awards and was awarded as being the Most stylish celebrity on the carpet.
In October 2010, Malik appeared in the Indian television reality show Bigg Boss Season 4. She was evicted two weeks before the finals, and was one of the final six contestants out of the original fourteen who had participated.
 Malik was also part of the finale of the show. After her Bigg Boss stay, she was mentioned in the media as the voice of liberal Muslims, including leading dailies, Daily Times, Express Tribune, and The Australian. Sabbah Hajim, from the Haji Amina Charity Trust in Jammu and Kashmir, writing in the magazine Tehelka, when comparing her with liberal rector of Darul Uloom Deoband said, "these two newly public figures might teach Muslims to stop feeling eternally outraged."
In February 2011, Veena Malik became part of the Cricket World Cup reality show in Delhi, India, called "Big Toss." Big Toss was a reality game show with contestants and Malik as the captain of one team, against Rakhi Sawant and her team.
In March 2011, Malik engaged in a passionate debate with a mufti, who claimed she had engaged in immoral behaviour as a contestant on Bigg Boss, even though he admitted to not having watched the show. Malik countered pointing out the double standards of Pakistani media against women among other rebuttals.
An another show Veena Malik – ‘Veena Ka Vivah’ was planned where Malik search for her soul-mate but the plans were ruined when the channel, Imagine TV, on which the show was being shown announced that it was shutting down. Veena Malik collected almost over 71,000 entries from all over the world for the show.
Controversy resulted in Pakistan over a nude image of Malik on the cover of FHM magazine India edition in which she had "ISI" written on her upper arm – the initials of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence spy agency. Malik says she was topless but did not pose completely nude, and has sued the magazine over the images.
Veena Malik debuted at Pakistan Fashion Week Dubai 2014 her modelling career along with her husband Asad Bashir Khan
Before starting her career off as an actress, Malik worked as a comedian for several television shows and series. She made her acting debut alongside Shaan and Zara Sheikh in Askari's Tere Pyar Mein (2000), which was a box office hit. She played a supporting role in the film and was barely acknowledged. Later on, she appeared in a supporting role in Javed Sheikh's Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa (2002).
In 2003, Malik appeared in Indo-Pak cross venture Punjabi film Pind Di Kudi which failed commercially, however, it was the first Indo-Pak venture film with a budget of approximately 70 million rupees. She also appeared in Askari's Sassi Punno (2003) alongside Sana and Moammar Rana, however the film failed to do well at Lahore's cinemas and further screenings stopped in cinemas after a week of its release. She then appeared in Rafique's Jageer. In 2005, she appeared in a short Punjabi film Bau Badmash (2005) which also failed to garner any recognition. Her breakthrough role was in Reema Khan's Koi Tujh Sa Kahan which was a commercial success in Pakistan.
In 2008, Malik appeared in Rafique's Punjabi film, Mohabbatan Sachiyan, alongside ex-fiancee Babrik Shah and newcomers Maria Khan and Adnan Khan. The film went on to become a commercial success. The same year, she appeared in Raza's Kabhi Pyaar Na Karna in a supporting role, but the film was a flop. Her last film of 2008 was Altaf's Ishq Beparwah, which also failed to impress the audience.
In 2012, she debuted in Bollywood with an item song in Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai entitled Chhanno which was a big hit. Then in the same month she did another item song Fann Ban Gayi in Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya. Then she made her acting debut with a comedy Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai. However the film didn't do well at the box office but Malik's performance was widely acclaimed. In 2013, her first film was the Rajiv S. Ruia's social drama Zindagi 50 50 in which she played a prostitute. Her bold avatar in film was a big break in her career. The film did average score at the box office. Then she made a special appearance in Punjabi film, Jatts In Golmaal in an item song Shabboo. She then made her Kannada film debut and appeared in Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Hot in which she portrayed the life of Southern actress Silk Smitha for which she gained 5 Kgs.  The film went to be a very huge hit in South and her performance was once again appreciated. Then her last film of 2013 was Super Model. She was in a avatar never seen before and shed 7 Kilos for it and it was the glamorous role of her career. Film also won The Most Stylish Film Award on International standards. She played a supermodel, a small town girl manages to get big in fashion industry.
As of 2014, she has three projects in post-production stage. She will be seen as a ghost in Hemant Madhukar's horror flick Mumbai 125 KM 3D. She has done a Telugu film Nagna Satyam which is her debut in Telugu Film Industry. Her last film is a Punjabi Film Eh Dil Da Mamla which will release in winter 2014.
Malik has worked as a representative at the World Health Organization for two years.[when?] She also sponsors a child at the SOS Children's Village, an NGO based in Pakistan working with orphaned children.
In the Media
Veena Malik also broke the record for the Guinness World Records for getting maximum kisses on her birthday in a span of one minute beating Salman Khan who held the record achieved on the reality show Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2000||Tere Pyar Mein||Amina|
|2002||Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa||Sana||Nigar Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2003||Pind Di Kudi||Saba|
|2005||Koi Tujh Sa Kahan||Aimen||Lux Style Award for Best Actress|
|2005||Kyun Tum Se Itna Pyar Hai||Aamina|
|2007||Mohabbatan Sachiyan||Nagma||Lux Style Award for Best Actress|
|2008||Kabhi Pyar Na Karna||Nafisa|
|2012||Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai||Herself||Special appearance in song "Chhanno"|
|2012||Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya||Herself||Special appearance in a song "Fann Ban Gayi"|
|2012||Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai||Malai|
|2013||Jatts In Golmaal||Sujata||Special appearance in a song "Shabboo"|
|2013||Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga||Silk Smitha / Vijaylakshmi|
|2013||Super Model||Rupali "Roops"|
|2014||Mumbai 125 KM 3D||TBA||Post-production|
|2008||Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain||
|2010||Miss Duniya||Dunya News|
- As Contestant
Evicted Day 83
|"Drama Queen"||2012||Drama Queen|
|"Rum Rum"||2013||Drama Queen|
- Veena A Khan Khattak (@iVeenaKhan) op Twitter
- Desk, Web (December 25, 2013). "Veena Malik gets hitched". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "Veena Malik spotted backless at Supermodel Movie Premiere". Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "I am not settling scores with Asif, says Veena Malik". NDTV. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "‘I expect a bravery award’". Indian Express. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "I am not settling scores with Asif, says Veena Malik". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "ON AIR: prime gupshup". DAWN Newspaper. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "INSTEP: Bright lights, small village". Jang Group.
- "Lux Style Awards 2007". Retrieved 2008-06-17.
- Chawla, Sonal (11 September 2010). "Veena Malik in Bigg Boss 4". Times of India. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Who’s the boss? Veena for sure". Instep Magazine. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Veena ‘Ki Jawani’ in ‘Bigg Boss’ grand finale". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "VIEW: Why is Veena Malik important?". Daily Times. 4 February 2011.
- "In defence of Veena Malik". Express Tribune. 30 January 2011.
- "Actress Veena Malik takes on clerics over dress". The Australian. 31 January 2011.
- "What Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi and Veena Malik have in common These two newly public figures might teach Muslims to stop feeling eternally outraged". Tehelka Magazine, Vol 8, Issue 6,. 12 February 2011.
- Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2011-02-20). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Bharat Chronicle. Bharat Chronicle (2011-02-20). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Sify.com. Sify.com (2011-02-18). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Pakistani Actress Defies Mullah Accusing Her of Immoral Behavior on an Indian Reality TV Show. YouTube. Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- "Veena Ka Vivah cancelled as Imagine TV shuts down". Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Veena Malik Wedding Plans Ruined". http://www.invectura.com. 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Row over Pakistan actress Veena Malik nude 'ISI' photo". BBC News Online. 2 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik says she was topless but 'not nude' in FHM". BBC News. 8 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik defends ISI tattoo for FHM photo shoot". Express Tribune. 3 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik sues FHM India magazine over 'nude' photo". BBC News. 5 December 2011.
- url=http://dubaibliss.com/veena-malik-shines-pakistan-fashion-week-dubai/ Veena Malik Shines at Pakistan Fashion Week Dubai 2014
- Jonaid Iqbal (7 May 2010). "Mohabbatan Sachiyan gets warm reception at PNCA". DAWN.com. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "Veena Malik turns Marilyn Monroe". 14 June 2012.
- "Kiran aur George: Veena Malik". YouTube. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "Veena Malik breaks Salman Khan's record". Emirates 24/7. 2013-02-28. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "Veena Malik admits kissing spree a publicity stunt". The Times of India. 2013-02-28. Archived from the original on 2013-02-28. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "Veena Malik Scores a Century". Mtv.in.com. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- [dead link]
- Dar, Nida (2012-07-17). "Veena Malik to host Ramadan show!?". Brecorder.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "Watch: 'Drama Queen', the first single by Veena Malik". Ibnlive. 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- ApunKaChoice (21 September 2012). "Veena Malik’s pop album ‘Drama Queen’ is for her homosexual fans!". Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Veena Malik takes boldness to new heights with her Drama Queen video". NewsPakistan.PK. 2012-10-11. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Veena Malik.|