Malik at Lux Style Awards in 2008.
|Years active||2000 – present|
|Home town||Karachi, Pakistan|
|Parents||Mohammad Ali Malik
Veena Malik (Urdu: وينا ملک, born Zahida Malik) is a Pakistani actress, TV host and model who appears in Lollywood and Bollywood films. Malik made her film debut in 2000 with Sajjad Gul's Tere Pyar Mein. In 2002, she starred in Akbar Khan's Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa and Sassi Punno and later played roles in female-centric films such as Koi Tujh Sa Kahan, Mohabbatan Sachiyan, Ishq Be Parwah and Kabhi Pyar Na Karna. Malik went on to win the Lux Style Award for two in category of Best Actress. In 2012, she earned commercial success in bollywood with Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai, Mumbai 125 KM 3D and Zindagi 50-50. In 2013 she appeared in Kannada film Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga and Supermodel.
Before starting her career off as an actress, Malik worked as a comedian for several television shows and series. She made her acting debut alongside Shaan and Zara Sheikh in Askari's Tere Pyar Mein (2000), which was a box office hit. She played a supporting role in the film and was barely acknowledged. Later on, she appeared in a supporting role in Javed Sheikh's Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa (2002).
In 2003, Malik appeared in Indo-Pak cross venture Punjabi film Pind Di Kuri which failed commercially, however, it was the first Indo-Pak venture film with a budget of approximately 70 million rupees. She also appeared in Askari's Sassi Punno (2003) alongside Sana and Moammar Rana, however the film failed to do well at Lahore's cinemas and further screenings stopped in cinemas after a week of its release. She then appeared in Rafique's Jageer. In 2005, she appeared in a short Punjabi film Bau Badmash (2005) which also failed to garner any recognition. Her breakthrough role was in Reema Khan's Koi Tujh Sa Kahan which was a commercial success in Pakistan.
In 2008, Malik appeared in Rafique's Punjabi film, Mohabbatan Sachiyan, alongside ex-fiancee Babrik Shah and newcomers Maria Khan and Adnan Khan. The film went on to become a commercial success. The same year, she appeared in Raza's Kabhi Pyaar Na Karna in a supporting role, but the film was a flop. Her last film of 2008 was Altaf's Ishq Beparwah, which also failed to impress the audience.
In 2010, she worked in Rafique's Main Jeena Tere Naal, and Beyg's debut comedy film Miss Duniya. Veena has acted in the Kannada versio of "The Dirty Picture" and the movie is yet to be released.
In 2002, she was called by Prime TV to host a show called Prime Gupshup for them ushering a new direction for her comedic skills and she improvised on the hour-long show occasionally mimicking actors.
She hosted the Geo TV show Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain, in which she was hailed for her comedic parodies. In 2007, she graced the red carpet event of the Lux Style Awards and was awarded as being the Most stylish celebrity on the carpet.
In October 2010, Malik appeared in the Indian television reality show Bigg Boss Season 4. She was evicted two weeks before the finals, and was one of the final six contestants out of the original fourteen who had participated.
 Malik was also part of the finale of the show. After her Bigg Boss stay, she was mentioned in the media as the voice of liberal Muslims, including leading dailies, Daily Times, Express Tribune, and The Australian. Sabbah Hajim, from the Haji Amina Charity Trust in Jammu and Kashmir, writing in the magazine Tehelka, when comparing her with liberal rector of Darul Uloom Deoband, Ghulam Muhammad Vastanvi said, "these two newly public figures might teach Muslims to stop feeling eternally outraged."
In February 2011, Veena Malik became part of the Cricket World Cup reality show in Delhi, India, called "Big Toss." Big Toss was a reality game show with contestants and Malik as the captain of one team, against Rakhi Sawant and her team.
In March 2011, Malik engaged in a passionate debate with a mufti, who claimed she had engaged in immoral behaviour as a contestant on Bigg Boss, even though he admitted to not having watched the show. Malik countered pointing out the double standards of Pakistani media against women among other rebuttals.
An another show Veena Malik – ‘Veena Ka Vivah’ was planned where Malik search for her soul-mate but the plans were ruined when the channel, Imagine TV, on which the show was being shown announced that it was shutting down. Veena Malik collected almost over 71,000 entries from all over the world for the show.
Controversy resulted in Pakistan over a nude image of Malik on the cover of FHM magazine India edition in which she had "ISI" written on her upper arm – the initials of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence spy agency. Malik says she was topless but did not pose completely nude, and has sued the magazine over the images.
Malik has worked as a representative at the World Health Organization for two years.[when?] She also sponsors a child at the SOS Children's Village, an NGO based in Pakistan working with orphaned children.
In the Media
Veena Malik also broke the record for the Guinness World Records for getting maximum kisses on her birthday in a span of one minute beating Salman Khan who held the record achieved on the reality show Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega.
|2000||Tere Pyar Mein||Amina||Urdu|
|2002||Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa||Urdu|
|2003||Pind Di Kudi||Punjabi|
|2005||Koi Tujh Sa Kahan||Urdu||Won – Lux Style Awards|
|Kyun Tum Se Itna Pyar Hai||Urdu|
|2008||Kabhi Pyar Na Karna||Urdu|
|Mohabbatan Sachiyan||Punjabi||Won – Lux Style Awards|
|2012||Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai||Chhanno||Hindi||Special appearance in song "Chhanno"|
|Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya||Hindi||Special appearance in song "Fann Ban Gayi"|
|Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai||Hindi|
|2013||Jatts In Golmaal||Punjabi||Cameo|
|Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga||Silk||Kannada|
|Mumbai 125 KM 3D||Hindi||Releasing in October 2013|
|The City That Never Sleeps||Hindi||Post-production (Releasing in October 2013)|
|Rangeela||Telugu||Post-production (Releasing on November 24, 2013)|
|Mr. Money||Hindi||Special appearance in a song (Releasing in Fall/Winter 2013)|
|2014||Nagna Satyam||Telugu||Post-production (Releasing on February 04, 2014)|
|Cottage No. 9||Hindi||Pre-production|
|Rabhasa||Telugu||Special appearance in a song|
|Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara||Urdu||Pre-production|
|2008||Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain||
|2010||Miss Duniya||Dunya News|
- As Contestant
Evicted Day 83
|"Drama Queen"||2012||Drama Queen|
- "Veena Malik spotted backless at Supermodel Movie Premiere". Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "‘I expect a bravery award’". Indian Express. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- "I am not settling scores with Asif, says Veena Malik". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 2011-02-06.
- Jonaid Iqbal (7 May 2010). "Mohabbatan Sachiyan gets warm reception at PNCA". DAWN.com. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "I am not settling scores with Asif, says Veena Malik". NDTV. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "Veena Malik turns Marilyn Monroe". 14 June 2012.
- "ON AIR: prime gupshup". DAWN Newspaper. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "INSTEP: Bright lights, small village". Jang Group.
- "Lux Style Awards 2007". Retrieved 2008-06-17.
- Chawla, Sonal (11 September 2010). "Veena Malik in Bigg Boss 4". Times of India. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Who’s the boss? Veena for sure". Instep Magazine. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Veena ‘Ki Jawani’ in ‘Bigg Boss’ grand finale". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "VIEW: Why is Veena Malik important?". Daily Times. 4 February 2011.
- "In defence of Veena Malik". Express Tribune. 30 January 2011.
- "Actress Veena Malik takes on clerics over dress". The Australian. 31 January 2011.
- "What Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi and Veena Malik have in common These two newly public figures might teach Muslims to stop feeling eternally outraged". Tehelka Magazine, Vol 8, Issue 6,. 12 February 2011.
- Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2011-02-20). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Bharat Chronicle. Bharat Chronicle (2011-02-20). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Sify.com. Sify.com (2011-02-18). Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- Pakistani Actress Defies Mullah Accusing Her of Immoral Behavior on an Indian Reality TV Show. YouTube. Retrieved on 2011-05-29.
- "Veena Ka Vivah cancelled as Imagine TV shuts down". Retrieved 14-april-2012.
- "Veena Malik Wedding Plans Ruined". http://www.invectura.com. 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Row over Pakistan actress Veena Malik nude 'ISI' photo". bbc.co.uk/news. 2 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik says she was topless but 'not nude' in FHM". BBC News. 8 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik defends ISI tattoo for FHM photo shoot". Express Tribune. 3 December 2011.
- "Veena Malik sues FHM India magazine over 'nude' photo". BBC News. 5 December 2011.
- "Kiran aur George: Veena Malik". YouTube. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- ApunKaChoice (21 September 2012). "Veena Malik’s pop album ‘Drama Queen’ is for her homosexual fans!". Retrieved 10 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Veena Malik.|