Veena Cabreros-Sud is a Canadian-born American television writer, director, and producer. Born in Toronto and of Filipino and Indian heritage, she is best known for developing the American television drama The Killing, which is based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen (The Crime). Sud received a Master of Fine Arts degree from the Film and Television program at New York University.
Her credits on The Killing also include writer and executive producer. The series earned her an Emmy nomination and a Writers Guild of America award nomination. Her previous television work includes the dramatic series Cold Case, where she was a writer and executive producer. She was also an episode writer for the 2002 television series Push, Nevada. In February 2012, Paramount Pictures announced that Sud is writing a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's Suspicion.
- The Killing (2011–2014) (writer, executive producer)
- Cold Case (2003–2007) (writer, story editor, executive producer)
- Push, Nevada (2002) (episode writer)
- Sorority Life (2002) (season three director)
- The Real World (2001) (episode director)
- I Stop Writing The Poem (2000) (director)
- One Night (2000) (director)
- The Appointment (1999) (sound mixer)
- Stretchmark (1996) (writer, director, and actress)
- Won the San Francisco International Film Festival Certificate of Merit in Film & Video - Short Narrative
- Nominated for Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
- Nominated for Writers Guild of America Award for New Series
- The Killing – Details from Showrunner Veena Sud , spoilertv.com, February 16, 2012.
- Veena Cabreros-Sud, sawnet.org, February 16, 2012.
- 2012 Emmy Awards, emmys.com, February 16, 2012.
- "2012 WGA Awards". Archived from the original on 2012-05-25., wga.org, February 16, 2012.
- 'The Killing' Showrunner to Write Remake of Hitchcock's 'Suspicion' for Paramount , The Hollywood Reporter, February 13, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2012.