From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Town and municipality|
Church in Veendam
Location in Groningen
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Sipke Swierstra (VVD)|
|• Total||78.68 km2 (30.38 sq mi)|
|• Land||76.07 km2 (29.37 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.61 km2 (1.01 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||365/km2 (950/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The population centres in the municipality are:
Veendam has two sister cities:
- Janette Bouman (born 1964), dressage rider
- Hendrik de Cock (1801–1842), preacher
- Renate Groenewold (born 1976), long track speed skater
- Henk Grol (born 1985), judoka
- Linda Moes (born 1971), breaststroke swimmer
- Peter Windt (born 1973), field hockey player
- Jeroen Zoet (born 1991), professional footballer
- "Burgemeester" [Mayor] (in Dutch). Gemeente Veendam. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 9641AW". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Zustersteden". Veendam. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- SC Veendam - Soccer club
- Flash Veendam - Volleyball club
- NNZC Veendam - Gliding club
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Veendam.|
|Aa en Hunze (DR)||Stadskanaal|
|This Groningen location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|