|• president||Muthusamy R (Veeraganur Panchayat)|
|• MP||Adi Sanker (Kallakurichi)|
|• MLA||Subha (Gangavalli)|
|Elevation||576 m (1,890 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 77 , 54|
As of the 2001 India census, Veeraganur had a population of 10,534. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Veeraganur has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 50%. In Veeraganur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. It consists of the hamlets of Thenkarai, Chokkanoor Agragharam, Raayar Paalayam and Ramanathapuram, along with Veeraganoor Town. It is a small commercial place for more than ten villages around part of Perambalur District area and Thalaivasal and Gangavalli Panchayat unions. It is also a revenue birgha headquarters. It is one of the place situated as last boundary of Salem District. Thalaivasal Panchayat Union has 35 villages. Veeraganur is the only town panchayat is in Thalaivasl Panchayat Union.
It is bounded on the north by Ellupanatham and Naavalur, on the south by Kallappattry (Perambalur District), on the east by Vellaiyoor, Lathuvadi and Nallur (Thittacheri panchayat) and on the west by Thidavur and Punalvasal.
Veeraganur has a river, called the Swetha River, that arises in Kollimalai.
- Two Govt Higher Secondary Schools (Boys and Girls).
- One Private Higher Secondary School, One secondary and One Primary Private School .
- Nearly 5 Govt Secondary Schools.
- The nearest Railway station is located at Attur.
- The nearest Airport is Trichy Airport (India), about 85 km away
Public and Private Sectors
- State Bank of India
- Pallavan Gramma Bank
- Co-Operative Society
- Muthoot Finance
- Manappuram Finance
- Police Station
- Post Office
- EB Office
- Telephone Exchange
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.