July 9, 1962 |
Narayamkulam,Kozhikode now lives at chemmarathur, Vadakara, Kozhikkode, Kerala, India
|Education||Master of Arts|
|Occupation||Asst Professor, Govt College Madappally|
Veerankutty (Malayalam: വീരാന്കുട്ടി) is a Malayalam Poet and Asst.Professor in Dept of Malayalam Govt College Madappally. He was born in Narayamkulam in Vadakara in Kozhikode District, Kerala, India. Veerankutty worked as Head of Malayalam Dept at MEASS College Areacode.
His poems were translated to English, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi and Hindi languages. The English translation was done by Mr Sachidananthan and Dr. K.M Shareef and was published in Indian Literature and Poetry International web magazine. His Poems are included in Kannur University, Kerala University Calicut University and(Mahatma Gandhi University Text Books.
Veerankutty was awarded the K. S. K Thalikkulam award for his poetry collection 'Jalabhoopadam' in 2001. He also received various other awards like the S.B.T Award, Tamil Nadu C.T.M.A Sahithya Puraskaram and Cherusseri Sahithya Puraskaram.
Anthology of Poems
- Jhala Bhoopatam, Published by Pappiyon Kozhikode, 2001.
- Manthrikan, Published by DC Books, Kottayam, 2004.
- Autograph, Published by DC Books, Kottayam, 2007.
- Manveeru, Published by DC Books, Kottayam, 2011.
- Thottu Thottu Nadakkumbol(SMS poems), Published by Small Letters, Kozhikode, 2010.
- Undanum noolanum, Published by DC Books, Kottayam.
- Nalumanippoovu, Published by DC Books, Kottayam.
- Arundhathi Subramaniam, Veerankutty Biography, Poetry International Web. August 2007. Retrieved August 2011
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|