|Parent||San Miguel Corporation|
Bell Telecommunication Philippines, Inc. is a telecommunications company that provides local exchange carrier (LEC), international gateway facility (IGF), inter exchange carrier (IXC), very small aperture terminal (VSAT), and internet service provider (ISP) services to corporate, business and high-end residential markets. BellTel started its operations in 2002.
San Miguel acquired the company in 2009 as part of its plan to enter the mobile phone business. BellTel has been awarded frequencies and permits to operate a mobile service, with plans to launch commercial operations in 2013.
Eastern Communications is a provider of telecommunication services with a focus on the corporate, institutional and Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) sectors.
Eastern Communications was established in 1878 when the Spanish Government commissioned a consortium of British, Australian and Hong-Kong based companies to provide the country’s first telegraphic services.
In 2005, Roberto V. Ongpin along with the Ashmore Group took over Eastern’s operations and began a series of infrastructure and operational upgrades. Five years later, San Miguel Corporation acquired a 77.7% stake in Eastern as part of its plan to enter the telecommunications business.
Liberty Telecom Holdings, Inc.
- The Company - BellTel
- San Miguel moves to acquire BellTel
- BellTel seeks extension of permit to operate mobile service
- Modernizing Philippine Telecommunications - Eastern Telecom
- San Miguel acquires 40% of Eastern Telecom
- San Miguel hikes stake in Eastern Telecom
- San Miguel acquires 32.7% of Liberty Telecoms
- SMC acquires more Liberty Telecom shares
- Qtel buys 33% stake in Philippines telco