|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2008)|
|Genres||Death metal, melodic death metal|
|Years active||1997−2005, 2007-present|
|Labels||Metal Blade Records|
|Associated acts||Abigail Williams
He Who Binds Himself
|Past members||Scott Wiegand
Vehemence is a death metal band from Phoenix, Arizona. They formed in 1997 and released their first demo cassette in 1998. Their debut album, The Thoughts From Which I Hide, was self-released in 2000. They debuted on Metal Blade Records in 2002 with God Was Created, and released their final album, Helping The World To See, in 2004.
Long-time vocalist Nathan Gearheart left the line-up in early 2005 due to personal issues, and by the end of 2005 three of the remaining four members of Vehemence went on to form the first live incarnation of Abigail Williams (Candlelight Records).
In late 2007 they reformed again, this time with Kyle Moeller replacing John Chavez on guitar. In November 2007 the band released a new song on their MySpace page, "There Are So Many Reasons To Give Up Religion." Other unreleased songs such as "She Fucks Like She's Alive", "I Hate This Life", "Jim The Prophet", "Murdered By The Earth", and "Imagining The Loss" have also been found online in demo or live versions. The band is currently recording new material for an upcoming full length release.
- Nathan Gearheart (1997–present) - vocals
- Bjorn Dannov (1997–present) - guitar
- Mark Kozuback (1997–present) - bass
- Andy Schroeder (1997–present) - drums
- Kyle Moeller (2007–2009, 2012-present) - guitar
- Scott Wiegand (1997–1999) - guitar
- Jason Keesecker (2000–2003) - keyboards
- John Chavez (1999–2006) - guitar
- Jacob Greene (2010–2012) - guitar
- The Thoughts from Which I Hide (Album, 2000)
- God Was Created (Album, Metal Blade, 2002)
- Helping the World to See (Album, Metal Blade, 2004)