Vehicle registration plates of Slovenia
Slovenian car number plates are license plates found on Slovenian cars. The license plates are made of metal. On the left there is a blue bar like in other EU countries (in use since 2004) along with tamper-proof text; the text is in black letters on a white background. in 2008 the plates reverted to a green border used before 2004 and the old font but keeping the EU border on the left. Two plates have to be present on each car - one on the front and one on the rear.
Location prefixes and regional divisions
The first 2 letters, before the shield sticker denote where the car was initially registered. Further division is made by the coat of arms placed after the area letters to define regional subdivisions.
|CE||Celje||Celje, Laško, Mozirje, Slovenske Konjice, Šentjur, Šmarje pri Jelšah, Velenje, Žalec|
|GO||Nova Gorica||Ajdovščina, Idrija, Tolmin, Nova Gorica|
|KK||Krško||Brežice, Krško, Sevnica|
|KP||Koper||Izola, Koper, Piran, Sežana, Ilirska Bistrica|
|KR||Kranj||Jesenice, Kranj, Radovljica, Škofja Loka, Tržič|
|LJ||Ljubljana||Cerknica, Domžale, Grosuplje, Hrastnik, Kamnik, Kočevje, Litija, Ljubljana, Logatec, Ribnica, Trbovlje, Vrhnika, Zagorje ob Savi|
|MB||Maribor||Lenart, Maribor, Ormož, Pesnica, Ptuj, Ruše, Slovenska Bistrica|
|MS||Murska Sobota||Gornja Radgona, Lendava, Ljutomer, Murska Sobota|
|NM||Novo Mesto||Črnomelj, Metlika, Novo Mesto, Trebnje|
|SG||Slovenj Gradec||Dravograd, Radlje ob Dravi, Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenj Gradec|
- Diplomatic plates had the letter of region, then two numbers and then letters A,C,M,E and then two numbers. The CMD plates had the said letter in green and then numbers. Backgrounds are vary by letters.
- Military plates have white letters on black background and start with "SV".
- Temporary plates are always had "E" in the serial. These plates had green background. Now they had replaced by red-background strip with letters "PR" in it.
- Police plates are blue in font and start with "P".
- Export plates are black in yellow background. The band in the right is expiration date.
- Moped plates are same as in top, except is stylized because their small size.
- Agricultural plates had white in green background. Trailers are in reverse format.
- Trailer plates had the reverse format of the civilian plates.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to License plates of Slovenia.|