Vejle Municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region of Southern Denmark on the Jutland peninsula in southeast Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 1,055 km², and has a total population of 106,383 (2010). Its mayor is Arne Sigtenbjerggaard, a member of the liberal party Venstre.
The main town and the site of its municipal council is the city of Vejle.
On 1 January 2007 Vejle Municipality was, as the result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), merged with Børkop, Egtved, Give and Jelling municipalities to form an enlarged Vejle Municipality.
- Municipality's official website
- Vejle municipal Atlas (In Danish)
- Vejle Byhistoriske Arkiv & Stadsarkiv (City Historical Archive) (In Danish, some English)
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|