|Created by||Elise Donganieri and Bertram van Munster|
|Presented by||Alexander Sidorenko|
|Theme music composer||John M. Keane|
|Country of origin||Ukraine|
|Original language(s)||Ukrainian, Russian|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Production company(s)||Sister's Production
|Original run||13 April 2013– present|
|Related shows||See The Amazing Race -> International Versions|
Velyki perehony (Ukrainian: Великі перегони; English: Great Race) is a Ukrainian reality game show based on the American series, The Amazing Race. and airs on 1+1. It features ten teams of two in a race around the world.
The finale aired on 29 June with Beauty Queens from Lviv Valeria Nikiforets & Bohdana Primak winning the race. A special "Life after the race" episode aired on 6 July.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Prizes
- 4 Race summary
- 4.1 Leg 1 (Ukraine → United Arab Emirates)
- 4.2 Leg 2 (United Arab Emirates → Sri Lanka)
- 4.3 Leg 3 (Sri Lanka)
- 4.4 Leg 4 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- 4.5 Leg 5 (Singapore → Philippines)
- 4.6 Leg 6 (Philippines)
- 4.7 Leg 7 (Philippines → South Africa)
- 4.8 Leg 8 (South Africa)
- 4.9 Leg 9 (South Africa → The Netherlands)
- 4.10 Leg 10 (The Netherlands → Poland)
- 4.11 Leg 11 (Poland)
- 4.12 Leg 12 (Poland → Ukraine)
- 5 External links
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
Development and filming
It was announced on 23 July 2012 that Ukrainian television network, 1+1 had acquired the rights to make a version of the show. On 23 November 2012, it was revealed that Ukrainian hip-hop singer Oleksandr "Fozzy" Sydorenko (Ukrainian) would host the show.
The show began filming on 25 November  and lasted for 4 weeks.
Production arrived in the Philippines only a few days before the region was struck by Typhoon Bopha.[Note 1] The fifth episode makes many remarks about the coming storm, and heavy rainclouds, wind and thunder can be seen while the teams are racing.
Casting for the show was announced on the website of 1+1 on 23 July 2012. Ten teams of two make up the cast. The cast includes a father and son team, Kostyantin and Yakiv Potomkiv. A father and daughter team, Vladimir and Irina Vasilenko; While Vladimir, 72, is the oldest contestant in Amazing Race franchise history. Other racers including beauty queens, athletes, actors and physicians, etc.
During the eleventh leg, Oleksiy proposed to Olena at the Pit Stop.
The following teams participated in the race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks performed|
|Valeria & Bohdana||Beauty Queens||2nd||4th||1st||3rd||5th6||3rd||2nd||1st9||1st||1st||1st||1st||Valeria 6, Bohdana 7|
|Oleksiy & Olena||Common-Law Married||9th1||7th2||7th||2nd||7th6||2nd||3rd||4th||2nd||3rd||3rd12||2nd||Oleksiy 9, Olena 4|
|Kostyantin & Yakiv||Father/Son||8th1||5th||4th||1st||2nd||1st||4th||2nd||3rd||2nd||2nd||3rd||Kostyantin 6, Yakiv 7|
|Olexandr & Volodymyr||Physicians||7th||9th3||6th4||6th||1st||5th||5th||5th||4th10||4th||Olexandr 6, Volodymyr 5|
|Ihor & Vasyl||Friends/Athletes||1st||2nd||2nd||4th||6th6||4th||1st||3rd||5th11||Ihor 5, Vasyl 5|
|Natalia & Tatiana||Friends||6th||6th||5th||5th||4th||6th||6th8||Natalia 5, Tatiana 3|
|Andriy & Iryna||Dating||5th||1st||3rd||7th||3rd||7th||Andriy 4, Iryna 3|
|Anna & Roman||Married Actors||4th||3rd||8th||8th||Anna 1, Roman 3|
|Alla & Oleksandra||Mother/Daughter||3rd||8th||9th||Alla 2, Oleksandra 1|
|Volodymyr & Iryna||Father/Daughter||10th1||Volodymyr 1, Iryna 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A blue team placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined blue placement indicates that the team would receive a 30 minute (Leg 2) or 1-hour (Leg 8) penalty upon finishing the next leg.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team had to perform an extra task on the next leg.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing.
- ^a b c Kostyantin & Yakiv and Volodymyr & Iryna and Oleksiy & Olena arrived 8th, 9th and 10th respectively. However, they were issued penalties (Kostyantin & Yakiv and Oleksiy & Olena, 60 minutes because they were unable to complete the Roadblock due to dusk; Volodymyr & Iryna, 4 hours for quitting the Roadblock). Kostyantin & Yakiv's placement was not affected. Since Volodymyr & Iryna had a longer time penalty, Oleksiy and Olena were allowed to check in immediately for a 9th place finish. Volodymyr & Iryna were checked in at last place, resulting in their elimination.
- ^ Oleksiy & Olena initially arrived third, but were issued a four-hour penalty because Oleksiy failed to complete the Roadblock. Four teams checked in during their penalty time, dropping them to 7th.
- ^ Olexandr & Volodymyr initially arrived eighth, but they did not pay their taxi driver. They were required to settle the bill before being allowed to check in. During this time, Alla & Oleksandra, the only trailing team at that point, checked in at 8th place. Dropping them to last place, but they were spared elimination since it was a non-elimination leg.
- ^ Olexandr & Volodymyr initially arrived fourth, but received a 30 minute penalty for being last in the previous non-elimination leg. Two teams checked in during their penalty time, dropping them to 6th.
- ^ Only Yakiv and Roman completed the Roadblock on the fourth leg. The rest were applied 4 hour penalties at the site of the Roadblock.
- ^a b c Valeria & Bohdana, Ihor & Vasyl, and Olena & Oleksiy initially arrived 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But were applied 1 hour penalties for they rented a jeepney to themselves. According to race rules, once teams rent public transportation (i.e. Jeepneys) for themselves, it is considered private transportation which they are prohibited from using. During this time, four teams checked in, dropping them to 5th, 6th and 7th, respectively, but Fozzy gave them their clues in order to start the new leg.
- ^ Leg 6 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
- ^ Tatiana failed to complete the Roadblock in Leg 7 and it was too difficult to complete and she and Natalia received a 4-hour penalty. Since they were the last team to arrive, they resulted in their elimination.
- ^ Valeria & Bohdana asked a local to guide them to the air strip in Leg 8, and were applied a one hour penalty. According to race rules, teams can consist of no more than two people, and cannot hire locals to join their team, even if temporarily. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Olexandr & Volodymyr initially arrived 1st, but received a 1-hour penalty for arriving last on the previous non-elimination leg. Three teams checked in during their penalty time, they dropped to 4th.
- ^ Ihor failed to complete the Roadblock in Leg 9. After Ihor's third attempt in the roadblock and all other teams had checked in, Fozzy came out to the roadblock location and eliminated them.
- ^ Oleksiy & Olena initially arrived 2nd, but they asked two different locals to help guide them as they drove during leg 11. They dropped to third, but were not eliminated.
Individual prizes were awarded to the first team to complete certain legs.
- Leg 5 – A case of Carlsberg beer
- Leg 8 – A case of Carlsberg beer
- Leg 10 – A case of Carlsberg beer
- Leg 12 – ₴500,000
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Завдання на вибір (Detour) Завдання для одного (Roadblock) Фініш (Pit Stop)|
Leg 1 (Ukraine → United Arab Emirates)
Air date: 13 April 2013
- Kiev, Ukraine (Sophia Square) (Starting Line)
- Kiev (Boryspil International Airport – Terminal F) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Dubai International Airport)
- Dubai (Burj Khalifa – Observation Deck)
- Dubai (Old Souk Abra station)
- Dubai (Dubai Gold Souk – Yousuf Abdul Rahman Al Awazi Trading Co.)
- Dubai (Dubai Spice Souk – Al-Arsa Souq or Gold Souq)
- Palm Jumeirah, Dubai (Atlantis, The Palm - Aquaventure – The Leap of Faith)
- Al Faqa (Al Faqa Desert)
- Dubai (Madinat Jumeirah)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Скло (Sklo – Glass) or Золото (Zoloto – Gold). In Sklo, teams had to assemble ten hookahs. In Zoloto, teams had to arrange five pieces of jewellery according to its cost. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to drive a dune buggy through a marked course in the desert.
- Additional tasks
- At the starting line, teams had to search among pictures of different coat of arms of different countries for the one they would be visiting, the United Arab Emirates.
- Before proceeding to Yousuf Abdul Rahman Al Awazi Trading Co. at the Gold Souk, teams had to have their photograph taken with someone wearing the traditional Arab garments. If their photographs were satisfactory, they would be given a stamp for a postcard they would have to choose from. After placing the postcard in a post box for Kiev, the shopkeeper would give them their next clue.
- At the Leap of Faith located in the Aquaventure, teams had to slide down the water slide which dropped them six stories down a nearly 90° incline and through a tunnel beneath the aquarium's shark lagoon. At the bottom, teams would receive their next clue from the lifeguard.
Leg 2 (United Arab Emirates → Sri Lanka)
Air date: 20 April 2013
- Dubai (Dubai International Airport) to Colombo, Sri Lanka (Bandaranaike International Airport)
- Colombo (Gangaramaya Temple)
- Colombo (Cinnamon Gardens Post Office)
- Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or Laundry depot)
- Colombo (Donegal House)
- Colombo (Sri Lanka Masks Festival)
- Colombo (Sima Malaka Meditation Centre)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Гостро (Hostro – Hot) and Брудно (Brudno – Dirty). In Hostro, teams had to carry 50 kg of spicy peppers through a market and then mash the peppers into a sauce to get their next clue. In Brudno, teams had to wash a bag full of dirty laundry, and then hang it on a clothesline to get their next clue. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to spin a large wheel with pictures of various masks on it. The wheel would stop at one of the mask pictures. The team member would have to remember what the mask looked like and find the actual mask within the festival crowd.
- Additional tasks
- At the Gangaramaya Temple, teams needed to find a needle in haystack. After finding it, teams needed to use it to sew an emblem onto traditional Buddhist clothes.
- Before proceeding to the post office, teams needed to have their photograph taken with a blue tuk tuk while wearing the Buddhist clothes from the previous task. They can then trade this photo for a postcard, which they would have to mail to Kiev.
- At Donegal House, teams had to retrieve their next clue from the bottom of a basket of cobras.
Leg 3 (Sri Lanka)
Air date: 27 April 2013
- Colombo (Mahazime Chicken shop)
- Colombo (Fort Railway Station) to Kalutara (Kalutara South Railway Station)
- Kalutara (Main Street)
- Bandaragama, Kalutara (Wevita Lake)
- Bandaragama (Bandaragama Post Office)
- Panadura (Gangula Devalaya)
- Colombo (Mount Lavinia Hotel)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to prepare and sell 20 coconuts. They had to make at least 500 Sri Lankan rupees in order to receive their next clue. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Вода (Voda – Water) or Коржіки (Korzhiky – Cakes). In Voda, teams had to wash the traditional markings off an elephant. There were only five elephants available, first come, first served. In Korzhiky, teams had to make 150 manure cakes using only their bare hands. After putting these cakes on a wall, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional Task
- At the Mahazime Chicken Shop, teams had to pick up two chickens in cages and carry them for the rest of the leg.
- After the Detour, teams would be given a yellow shirt with the show's logo on it. Teams needed to have their photograph taken with a local wearing this shirt and with the chickens they had brought with them before proceeding to the post office. If their photograph was satisfactory, they could exchange it for a postcard which they would need to mail to Kiev.
- At Gangula Devalaya, one team member had to perform one of two tasks. They would either run across a bed of hot coals in their bare feet, or lie on a bed of nails for three minutes. After they completed one task, they would then find out that the other team member would have to perform the remaining task. This task was incorrectly presented as a Roadblock.
Leg 4 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
Air date: 4 May 2013
- Colombo (Bandaranaike International Airport) to Singapore (Singapore Changi Airport)
- Singapore (Bugis Junction – Fountain)
- Singapore (Clarke Quay – G-MAX Reverse Bungy or Swissôtel The Stamford)
- Singapore (Climb Asia Rock-climbing wall)
- Singapore (Sentosa – MegaZip Adventure Park)
- Singapore (Raffles Place – Postcard Stall)
- Singapore (Chinese Garden – Bridge)
In this leg's Detour teams had to choose between Політ (Polit – Flight) or Похід (Pokhid – Walk). In Polit, teams had to ride the G-MAX Reverse Bungy. While riding, teams needed to spot an umbrella lit with the race colours. Once they locate the umbrella at a stall, they could get their next clue from the shopkeeper. In Pokhid, teams needed to go to the 226-metre (741 ft) Swissôtel The Stamford hotel and climb all 73 floors to the top to get their next clue. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member needed to rock climb to get their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Bugis Junction, teams had to retrieve their next clue from a clue box surrounded by a dancing fountain.
- At Sentosa, teams rode the MegaZip, a 450-metre (1,480 ft) long zip-line. After getting off the MegaZip, teams received their next clue.
- Before proceeding to the postcard stall in Raffles Place, teams had to have their photograph taken with the Marina Bay Sands in the background. If their photograph was satisfactory, they could choose a Postcard from the stall. After having it stamped, they could proceeded to mail the postcard to Kiev in a nearby post box for their next clue. After mailing it, a postman would give them their next clue.
- After, teams had to search for their next clue. What they needed to find out was that their next clue was printed on the flyers being distributed by locals in the vicinity. The clue on the flyer pointed them to the Pit Stop, the bridge in the Chinese Garden.
Leg 5 (Singapore → Philippines)
Air date: 11 May 2013
- Singapore (Singapore Changi Airport) to Puerto Princesa, Philippines (Puerto Princesa International Airport)
- Puerto Princesa (Malvar Street)
- Puerto Princesa (Puerto Princesa Public Market)
- Puerto Princesa (Baywalk – Postcard Peddler)
- Puerto Princesa (Sta. Lourdes Wharf) to Honda Bay (Starfish Island or Luli Island)
- Puerto Princesa (San Jose Jeepney Terminal) to (Sabang Beach)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member needed to eat six fertilised duck embryos, a local delicacy known as balut. Once the team member finishes all six eggs, they will get their next clue. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Пляшкі (Plyashki – Bottles) or Рибкі (Rybki – Fish). In Plyashki, teams had to search among thousands of bottles scattered around the island for the bottle containing the message with their next destination written on it. In Rybki, teams had to count the number of fishes inside a basket given to them. Once they have successfully counted the number of fishes amidst the distractions of the vendors, they will receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Malvar Street, teams were instructed to find Delores. What they needed to figure out was that "Delores" was the name of a tricycle roving the street with "DELORES" painted on the front. Once they have figured this out, they may get their next clue from the driver.
- Before proceeding to the Baywalk, teams had to take have their photograph taken with at least one team member and twenty locals. At least four of these locals should be wearing hats, one had to be holding flowers, one had to be holding a large soft toy, and at least one had to be holding a broom. If their photograph was satisfactory, they could choose a postcard from a peddler. Once they affix the stamp and have it mailed to Kiev in a nearby post box, a postman would give them their next clue.
Leg 6 (Philippines)
Air date: 18 May 2013
- Puerto Princesa (Sabang Beach) (Overnight Rest)
- Puerto Princesa (Puerto Princesa Subterranean River)
- Puerto Princesa (Sabang X Zip-line)
- Puerto Princesa (Sabang Beach)
- Puerto Princesa (Karst Mountain – Elephant Cave)
In this leg's first Roadblock, one team member must ride an 800-metre (0.50 mi) long zip line and will need to memorize the pattern of four sets of different colours ("green, red, yellow"; "blue, yellow, green"; "red, blue, green"; "yellow, blue, red") being held by fishermen on 4 different boats. Once ashore, that team member had to reconstruct the patterns using coloured rectangular boards in order to receive their next clue. In the leg's second Roadblock, one team member had to search through a pile of coconuts, opening them up with a knife until they found one with a red flesh inside.
- Additional tasks
- Teams needed to assemble the tents they would be sleeping in for the night. If their tents were satisfactory a local would give them their departure time for the next morning.
- At the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River, teams had to enter the river and search for the date of the first visit of Lt. H.G. Warwick to the Subterranean River (18 March 1937). When they see it, teams must photograph it and present it to a boat master in exchange for their next clue.
Leg 7 (Philippines → South Africa)
Air date: 25 May 2013
- Puerto Princesa (Sheena Travel Asia)
- Puerto Princesa (Puerto Princesa International Airport) to Port Elizabeth, South Africa (Port Elizabeth Airport)
- Port Elizabeth (Seaview Predator Park)
- Garden Route (Bloukrans Bridge)
- Garden Route (Khoisan Village)
- Garden Route (Storms River Mouth)
In this leg's Detour teams had to choose between Палиця (Palytsya – Stick) or Яйце (Yaytse – Egg). In Palytsya, from a distance, teams would have to throw a traditional South African club called a knobkierie at three vases suspended in the air. Once all three vases were shattered, teams would receive their next clue. In Yaytse, teams had to use a straw to fill 12 Ostrich eggs with water and then bury them in the sand. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to jump off the highest bungee jump in the world at Bloukrans Bridge.
- Additional tasks
- At Seaview Predator Park, teams would have to hand-feed a lion or a tiger with a bottle to get their next clue.
- At the Khoisan Village, teams had to eat a roasted sheep's head known locally as a "Smiley" to get their next clue.
- At Garden Route, teams had to find a local park ranger and take a photograph with him. They could then exchange this picture with a local postcard vendor to get a postcard that they would mail to Kiev.
Leg 8 (South Africa)
Air date: 1 June 2013
- Port Elizabeth (Port Elizabeth Airport) to Cape Town (Cape Town International Airport)
- Cape Town (Table Mountain)
- Melkbosstrand (Melkboss Air Strip)
- Table View, Cape Town (Rietvlei Wetland Reserve)
- Langa (Omega Hair Salon, Laundry & Internet)
- Cape Town (St Georges Mall)
- Cape Town (Yair Shimansky or Restaurant in Cape Town)
- Cape Town (Rhodes Memorial)
In the Roadblock, one team member had to perform a tandem skydive at a height of 9,000 feet (2,700 m). In this Detour, teams needed to choose between блиск (Blysk – Shine) or Смак (Smak – Taste). In Blysk, teams had to search through a museum, housing hundreds of diamonds, for the first diamond ever discovered in South Africa, named Light Hearts. In Smak, teams had to cook a traditional South African delicacy, a samosa.
- Additional tasks
- At the top of Table Mountain, teams needed to photograph the Cape of Good Hope. If their photograph was satisfactory, they could chose a postcard and after placing the postcard in a post box for Kiev, a postman would give them their next clue.
- At the Rietvlei Wetland Reserve, teams would have to help the SANCCOB organization and prepare a meal (with 20 ingredients) for a penguin.
- At the Omega Hair Salon, teams needed to shave the heads of two locals to get their next clue.
- At St Georges Mall, teams had to search for a troupe of African dancers to get their next clue.
Leg 9 (South Africa → The Netherlands)
Air date: 8 June 2013
- Cape Town (Cape Town International Airport) to Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)
- Amsterdam (Schiphol railway station) to (Amsterdam Muiderpoort)
- Amsterdam (Melkmeisjesbrug)
- Amsterdam (Magere Brug)
- Amsterdam (West Market Square)
- Marken (Post Office)
- Marken (Habour)
- Marken (Paard van Marken)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Сир (Syr – Cheese) or Шарманка (Sharmanka – Hand Organ). In Syr, teams had to don traditional Dutch outfits and use a wooden stretcher to carry cheese from a stockpile to a scale. Once it weighed exactly 400 kilograms of cheese, they receive their next clue. Only one team could use the scale at a time and the first team to place a piece of cheese on the scale would get to use it. In Sharmanka, teams had to find one of three street organs, and then one team member had to run the machine while the other asked for tips. Once they earned €30, the organ grinder would give them their next clue. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to eat five soused herrings that were hanging from a string, while being blindfolded and without using their hands.
- Additional tasks
- At Melkmeisjesbrug, teams had to search among hundreds of bikes for one with a clue attached. They would use these bikes to transport themselves to their next destination.
- From Magere Brug, teams had to travel by boat along the Amsterdam canals to reach their Detour choice.
- Before proceeding to the Marken Post Office, teams had to have their photograph taken with two locals at Brouwerij 't IJ. The De Gooyer windmill had to have its entirety in the background. If their photograph they was satisfactory, they would receive a postcard to send to Kiev.
- After the Roadblock, teams had to ride a tandem bike to the Pit Stop.
Leg 10 (The Netherlands → Poland)
Air date: 15 June 2013
- Amsterdam (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol) to Warsaw, Poland (Warsaw Chopin Airport)
- Warsaw (Warszawa Centralna railway station) to Kraków (Kraków Główny railway station)
- Kraków (Remuh Synagogue)
- Kraków (Hotel Klezmer-Hois)
- Kraków (Kraków barbican)
- Kraków (Main Square)
- Kraków (Main Square or Town Hall Tower and St. Mary's Basilica)
- Kraków (Bishop's Palace)
- Kraków (Vistula – Wawel Hill – Wawel Dragon statue)
- Kraków (Sheraton Kraków Hotel)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to complete a jigsaw puzzle of a man on a horse, one they have finished it, they would be given their next clue.In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Проїхатися (Proïkhatysya – Ride) or Пройтися (Proy̆tysya – Walk). In Ride, one team member had to be in the driver's seat of an old Polski Fiat car with a local in the other seat. The other team member had to push the car around the Main Square and was not allowed help from locals. After they are successful, they would be given their next clue. In Walk, teams had to count and add up the number of stairs in the Town Hall Tower and one of the towers in St. Mary's Basilica. They were not however required to give the exact number of stairs, 352, and could give any number between 350-354. If they get any number between that, they would be given their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Before proceeding to the Hotel Klezmer-Hois, teams had to have their photograph taken at the gates of the Remuh Synagogue. If their photograph was satisfactory, they would be given a stamp and a postcard. After affixing the stamp onto the postcard and mailing it to Kiev in a post box outside, a postman would give them their next clue.
- At the Main Square, teams had to correctly recite a Polish toungue-twister, Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszynie , to a man on a horse (as in the jigsaw puzzle of the Roadblock). If they correctly recite it, he would give them their next clue.
- At the banks of the Vistula river, teams had to recreate a story in Polish mythology about the Wawel Dragon. As in the story, teams had to stuff a lamb with sulphur. One team member would have to retrieve the sulphur on the other side of the river with a bucket and bring it to their team member with the lamb soft toy. After stuffing and sewing the lamb closed, teams had to have it weighed on a scale near a statue of the Wawel Dragon. If their stuffed lamb balances with another lamb on the other scale, they would receive their next clue.
Leg 11 (Poland)
Air date: 22 June 2013
- Kraków (Kanonicza Street)
- Kraków (Kościuszko Mound)
- Wieliczka (Wieliczka Salt Mine) or Tyniec (Tyniec Benedictine Abbey)
- Myślenice (Market Square – Kiosk)
- Czorsztyn (Cape Stylchen)
- Niedzica (Niedzica Castle)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Король (Korol – King) or Монах (Monakh – Monk). In Korol, teams had to travel to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and descend down the mines where they would need to push a minecart down a track and into a cavern. There, they would have to dig through the contents of the minecart to find a crystal key that they could use to open a locked compartment which contains their next clue. After that, they were then instructed to find St Kinga's Chapel inside the mine. In Monakh, teams had to proceed to the Tyniec Benedictine Abbey where they would need to abseil down the cliffs to reach a cave with baskets of food. They would need to transport two baskets back up to the abbey and present it to a monk who will give them their next clue. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member would need to shoot a bow and arrow at a target. They either had to hit the target five times, or hit the apple held in the centre of the target, once, to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Teams' first clue directed them to find the oldest street in Kraków. They need to find out that this street was Kanonicza Street.
- Before proceeding to the kiosk in Market Square, teams would have to have their photograph taken with the Saint Florian monument. If their photographs were satisfactory, they would be given a postcard to mail to Kiev. After placing the postcard in a nearby post box, a postman would give them their next clue.
Leg 12 (Poland → Ukraine)
Air date: 29 June 2013
- Niedzica to Lviv, Ukraine
- Lviv (Market Square – Adonis fountain)
- Lviv (Lviv Rail Terminal) to Kiev (Kiev Passenger Railway Station)
- Kiev (Kyiv-Mohyla Academy)
- Kiev (Toboggan Hill)
- Kiev (Lviv Handmade Chocolate)
- Kiev (Mamaeva Sloboda)
- Kiev (Independence Square – Central Post Office)
- Kiev (Sophia Square)
For coming last on the previous leg, Alexey & Olena had to gather 50 people in the market square and have them perform the wave. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to snow tube down a hill, memorizing a series of flags from the countries they visited on the way down. At the bottom, they would have to arrange them in the correct order to receive their next clue. In the Detour, teams chose between Глечик (Hlechyk – Pot) and Гарбуз (Harbuz – Pumpkin). In Hlechyk, teams had to knock down six clay pots using a whip. In Harbuz, teams had to slash clean through six pumpkins with a saber in one slash each. At the end of either Detour, teams needed to climb a slippery snow hill to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arrival in Kiev, teams needed to find a marked taxi who would give them their next clue.
- At the library at Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, teams needed to search the bookshelves for a marked book. They then had to use a stencil to outline certain letters in the book that would reveal a password, which they could use to get their next clue.
- At Lviv Handmade Chocolate, teams had to make 10 cups of homemade chocolate and sell them all to people on the streets, making ₴200.
- At the Central Post Office, teams retrieved all the postcards that they sent during the race.
- The name Bopha in the Philippine authorities were designated its local name Pablo by Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration.
- ""1+1" оголосив кастинги на Amazing Race".
- ""1+1" запрошує журналістів у навколосвітню подорож".