||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2013)|
|Founded||April 26, 1884|
|Founded by||Eduardo Casey|
|• Mayor||José Freyre (Justicialist Party)|
|• Total||47.05 km2 (18.17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||111 m (364 ft)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ART (UTC-3)|
|Dialing code||+54 3462|
Venado Tuerto was founded on April 26, 1884 by Eduardo Casey, born in Lobos, Buenos Aires, in 1847. He was the son of two Irish immigrants who had amassed considerable wealth. Casey bought a large extension of land from where the natives had been recently expelled, to be employed for farming and horse breeding.
The name of the town literally means one-eyed deer, and its origin is unknown, though several folk legends circulate around it. In any case, it was not considered tasteful by some, and on several occasions a change was formally requested, though never carried out.
In Spanish unless otherwise noted.
- Municipalidad de Venado Tuerto (official website of the Municipality).
- Inforama — Municipal information at the official website of the Santa Fe provincial government.
- Municipal information: Municipal Affairs Federal Institute (IFAM), Municipal Affairs Secretariat, Ministry of Interior, Argentina. (Spanish)
- www.venadotuerto.com Toda la ciudad de Venado Tuerto en un sólo sitio web.
- Portal Automotor de Agencias y Concecionarias de Venado Tuerto
- Guia Turistica, Hoteles, Parrillas, Alojamientos, Bares y Cafes de Venado Tuerto
- Guia Comercial, Telefonos, Emails, Mapas, Fotos de Todas las empresas y emprendimientos de Venado Tuerto
- Agenda de Venado Tuerto Guia Estudiantil todas las universidades e institutos, Guia de Carreras ordenadas por Instituciones.