|Genres||Doom metal, progressive metal, symphonic metal|
|Past members||Magnus Thorman
P A Danielsson
Veni Domine combined down-tempo melodic heavy metal, symphonic metal and doom metal with occasional touches of gothic. Originally, the vocalist Fredrik Ohlsson represented operatic, high-pitched vocals but has since shifted to more lower vocal range during the years. Fall Babylon Fall and Material Sanctuary are the band's significant, acclaimed albums. During the time when these albums were released, Veni Domine was well known in the metal scene. However, as their later albums took longer time to be released and gained average reviews, Veni Domine was more or less forgotten in the metal mainstream. Currently Veni Domine is a cult band of a small audience. Veni Domine does not clearly fit into a specific category; According to the band, in doom metal festivals they are labeled as "power metal" and in power metal events as "doom metal".
During the early years, the band's lyrics dealt with apocalyptic themes from Biblical point of view. Later their lyrics was more about personal topics.
- 1992: Fall Babylon Fall (Massacre, R.E.X. Records, Review: PowerMetal.de (German))
- 1994: Material Sanctuary (Thunderload, Reviews: Cross Rhythms, PowerMetal.de (German))
- 1998: Spiritual Wasteland (Thunderload, Review: HM Magazine)
- 2004: IIII: The Album of Labour (Rivel)
- 2006: 23:59 (MCM Music, Review: PowerMetal.de (German))
- 2007: Tongues (MCM Music)
- 2014: Light (Massacre Records)
- Fredrik Sjöholm - Vocals
- Torbjörn Weinesjö - Guitars
- Thomas Weinesjö - Drums
- Klas Pettersson - Bass
- Olov Andersson - Keyboards
- Gabriel Ingemarson - Bass
- Magnus Thorman - Bass
- Mattias Cederlund - Keyboards
- P.A. Danielsson - Keyboards
- Mats Lidbrandt - Keyboards
- Thomas Weinesjö also plays in Saviour Machine.
- "Veni Domine". MusicMight. 2009. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music (First printing ed.). Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 994. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- Kuusisto, Jari Veni Domine retrieved 2008-02-16
- Moore, Paul (June 1995). "Veni Domine - Material Sanctuary". Cross Rhythms (27).
- Van Pelt, Doug (November–December 1998). "Indie Album Reviews: VENI DOMINE". HM Magazine (74).