|Headquarters||Jacksonville, Florida, The USA|
|Products||Clothing Swimwear Accessories|
In 1984, Daryle Scott created Venus Body Wear, an American clothing and swimsuit retailer, selling ladies' leotards and exercise apparel via full-page ads in Cosmopolitan and other national magazines. A year later, the company expanded to include women’s swimwear and became known as Venus Swimwear. In 1999, Venus acquired WinterSilks, a large importer of silk fashions. In 2000, reflecting the expanded offerings, the company name changed to Venus. In November 2006, Venus, Venus Manufacturing, and WinterSilks, were acquired 80% by Golden Gate Capital, under their Catalog Holdings Group. The three companies fell under a new, united company name, Venus Holdings, LLC. In 2009, Venus Holdings was acquired by the German catalog company Bon Prix, a subsidiary of Otto.
Official swimsuit sponsor for the 2007 Miss America pageant.
Past Venus models
- Jessiqa Pace*
- Brooke Burke went on to host E!'s Wild On! and CBS's reality show, Rock Star. Brooke also worked with Venus on her own line of swimwear: Barely Brooke.
- Barbie Blank went on to become a World Wrestling Entertainment professional wrestler on the ECW Brand
- Dalene Kurtis became Playboy's Playmate of the Month for September 2001 and Playmate of the Year of 2002.
- Nikki Schieler went on to became Playboy's Playmate of the Month for September 1997.
- Karen McDougal became Playboy's Playmate of the Month for December 1997 and Playmate of the Year of 1998.
- Desery Martin went on to become a Playboy's Special Edition Bathing Beauties of April 1989. Playboys Special Edition Book Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads of February 1990. Playboys Special Edition Book of Lingerie of November-December 1988. Playboys Special Edition Book of Lingerie of May-June 1989. Playboys Special Edition Book of Lingerie of November-December 1989. Special Edition Great Playmate Hunt of February 1989.
- Katie Deatsch (July 10, 2009). "German cataloger will keep Venus Swimwear afloat". Internet Retailer. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Jim Tierney (July 13, 2009). "Bon Prix Buys Venus Swimwear". Multichannel Merchant. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Official retail website
- Golden Gate Acquires VENUS, WinterSilks
- Venus Swimwear Changes Domain and Launches New Design
- Venus Helps Reinvent Miss America Pageant
- Venus Poised for Apparel Overhaul with New Executive Appointment