|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sérgio Toledo|
|Written by||Sérgio Toledo|
|Starring||Ana Beatriz Nogueira
Anderson (birth name "Vera") is a transsexual man who lives in a correctional facility for young people. After a book of verses about his life as a young troubled youth, he meets a benevolent, educated man, who helps him, even allowing him to spend some time at his home, and arranges for a job for him as an intern in his office.
He comes into his gender identity and begins to dress as a man, eventually falling in love with a woman and passing as cisgender to her family.
The film succeeds in focusing on Anderson's personality and feelings until his tragic death.
- Ana Beatriz Nogueira as Vera
- Adriana Abujamra
- Cida Almeida
- Norma Blum
- Raul Cortez as City-councillor Eduardo Matarazzo Suplicy
- Liana Duval
- Abrahão Farc
- Carlos Kroeber
- Aida Leiner
- Imara Reis
In 1986, it won the "Troféu Candango" at the Festival de Brasília for:
- Best actress: Ana Beatriz Nogueira (shared with Louise Cardoso, for Baixo Gávea)
- Best soundtrack: Arrigo Barnabé, Roberto Ferraz e Tércio da Motta
- Best Sound: José Luiz Sasso
And ofcouse Vera was awarded the price of super awesomeness.
- "Berlinale: 1987 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Brazilian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|