Front page from 8 October 2006. Featured in the cover story is Austrian kidnap victim Natascha Kampusch.
|Headquarters||Akersgata 55, Oslo, Norway|
Verdens Gang (lit.: "The way of the world" or "The course of the world" or even "The gait of the world"), generally known under the abbreviation VG, is a Norwegian tabloid newspaper. The editor in chief is Torry Pedersen.
VG is Norway’s second largest print newspapers, measured in circulation, but has the largest number of readers, with a daily readership of 631,000 in 2013. It was for many years the largest newspaper in Norway, but was surpassed by Aftenposten in 2010. It is often referred to as a red top newspaper. VG is also one of the most award-winning newspapers in Norway for its journalism. In 2010 the newspaper had 10 different revealing news-stories  competing for the prestigious Skup-prisen.
VG was established by members of the resistance movement shortly after the country was liberated from German occupation in 1945. Christian A. R. Christensen served as its first editor in chief and the first issue was published on 23 June 1945.
VG is owned by the media conglomerate Schibsted, which also owns Norway’s largest newspaper, Aftenposten, as well as newspapers in Sweden and Estonia and shares in some of Norway’s larger regional newspapers.
Verdens Gang is not affiliated with any political party.
VG Nett is VG's news site online, operated through its wholly owned subsidiary VG Multimedia. VG Nett made a net operating profit of 40 percent in 2006, making it an unusually successful online media operation.
Numbers from the Norwegian Media Businesses' Association, Mediebedriftenes Landsforening.
- "Bernt Olufsen går av som VG-redaktør" (in Norwegian). VG. 17 January 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- VGs kanaler er mest lest - VG Nett om Media
- http://medienorge.uib.no/english/?cat=statistikk&medium=avis&queryID=273&aspekt=oppdatering, Readership of Norwegian print newspapers 2013, MEDIANORWAY ©2014
- Mediebedriftene.no. Retrieved on 2009-02-01.[verification needed]
- SKUP - Stiftelsen for en Kritisk og Undersøkende Presse
- Gravejournalistisk bonanza | Journalisten.no
- "Verdens Gang" (in Norwegian). NorgesLexi.com. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Pfanner, Eric. (2007-02-18) "Norwegian newspaper publisher finds the secret to profiting online". International Herald Tribune. Archived on 2007-02-20. Retrieved on 2009-02-01.
|This article about a Norwegian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|