Vermont Street (Metra station)
|Address||2300 West Grove Street
Blue Island, Illinois
|Ticket Vending Machines
Vermont Street is a station on Metra's Rock Island District, in Blue Island, Illinois, 16.4 miles (26.4 km) from LaSalle Street, the northern terminus of the line. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Vermont Street is in zone D.
The Rock Island service splits to the north of the station; most trains travel north over the Suburban Line, while some rush-hour trains travel north-east. Blue Island Station to the north of Vermont Street is the western terminus of the Blue Island branch of the Metra Electric. Vermont Street Station and Blue Island Station share the same parking facilities and the same bus connections.
Though there are two stations at this location, and trains do not use the same platform areas (or even the same tracks near and at the platforms), nonetheless this station functionally allows riders on the Metra Electric Blue Island Branch to switch to the Rock Island District trains and vice versa with only a very short walk (less than an eighth of a mile).
There are four tracks: two on the main line and two on the Beverly Branch.
49A - South Western
- Pace 348 – Riverdale Connector
- Pace 349 – South Western
- Pace 359 – Robbins / South Kedzie Avenue
- Pace 385 – 87th / 111th / 127th
- Media related to Vermont Street (Metra) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metra – Stations – Vermont Street (Metra station)
- Old image of former Rock Island Station (Rock Island Technical Society)
- Station from Vermont Street from Google Maps Street View
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|