Vermont elections, 2008
The Vermont Election in 2008 consisted of elections for federal, state, and local elections. All state offices are for two years; all terms expired in 2008. Elections included the gubernatorial, all state offices, including all state senators and representatives, the federal Congress and the presidential. There was no federal Senate seat open.
A primary election in August determined which candidates parties would choose to run in the general election in November. An earlier "primary" selected Vermont's choices for candidates for president.
Democratic Party Results
prior to contest
|Vermont Democratic presidential primary, 2008|
Republican Party Results
* Candidate dropped out of the race before the primary
- Hallenbeck, Terri (25 July 2010). "Primary Indifference? Political season collides with vacation season". Burlington, Vermont: Burlington Free Press. pp. 1A, 4A.
- LaFarge, Pier (11 August 2010). "My Turn: Young people demand climate action". Burlington, Vermont: Burlington Free Press. pp. 5B.
- "Vermont Democratic Presidential Primary". Rasmussenreports.com. 2008-02-24. Archived from the original on 2008-02-28. Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- 2008 Vermont Democratic Presidential Primary
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|