Vestar Capital Partners
|Founder||Daniel O'Connell, Robert L. Rosner, James P. Kelley, Norman Alpert, Arthur Nagle|
|Headquarters||245 Park Avenue
New York, New York, United States of America
|Total assets||$5 billion|
Vestar is a leading private equity firm specializing in management buyouts and growth capital investments. Vestar was founded in 1988 by principals of The First Boston Corporation’s Management Buyout Group. Five of the original founders, including Daniel O'Connell, Norman Alpert, Robert L. Rosner, James P. Kelley, and Arthur Nagle, are still with the firm.
The firm has extensive experience investing across a wide variety of industries including: Consumer, Healthcare, Diversified Industries, and Financial Services. Vestar invests and collaborates with incumbent management teams, private owners or corporations in a creative, flexible and entrepreneurial way to build long-term franchise and enterprise value. Since the firm's founding in 1988, the Vestar funds have completed 70 investments in companies with a total value of more than $40 billion.
For details on Vestar's investment strategy, sector focus and Vestar Resources, please visit Vestar's Investment Strategy web page: 
Since its inception in 1988, Vestar has raised six private equity funds with total investor commitments of approximately more than $9 billion. Of these funds, five have been fully invested and two have been fully liquidated. Vestar is actively evaluating middle-market investment opportunities for its sixth fund, Vestar Capital Partners VI.
- 1988 - Vestar Capital Partners ($35 million - Liquidated)
- 1993 - Vestar Capital Partners II ($260 million - Liquidated)
- 1997 - Vestar Capital Partners III ($803 million - Fully invested)
- 1999 - Vestar Capital Partners IV ($2.48 billion - Fully invested)
- 2005 - Vestar Capital Partners V ($3.7 billion - Fully invested)
- 2013 - Vestar Capital Partners VI ($804 million - Closed and currently investing)
- Vestar Capital Partners (company website)