Florida State Road 568
|Maintained by Florida's Turnpike Enterprise|
|Length:||3.036 mi (4.886 km)|
|Existed:||1994 (Road Opened)
2001 (Signed as SR 568) – present
|West end:||SR 589 in Cheval|
|East end:||SR 597 in Cheval|
Florida State Road 568 is a short stub of the Veterans Expressway in Cheval, Florida north of Tampa. The road was built in 1994, but was reassigned as SR 568 in 2001 when SR 589 moved to the new Suncoast Parkway. It connects the aforementioned SR 589 to SR 597. Toll Road 568 is on the segment of the Veterans Expressway that was intended to be extended to Lutz, Florida in the vicinity of the northern interchange with I-75 and I-275.
Route description 
SR 568 begins at Exit 13 on the Veterans Expressway northbound, where the main expressway northbound becomes the Suncoast Parkway. The road heads east as a four lane expressway, ending at its lone interchange at a traffic signal at SR 597. There is no access to the Suncoast Parkway from SR 568 or vice versa; motorists heading west on SR 568 will be heading south on the Veterans Expressway. Despite having no tolls on the spur, those using the road will have to pay a toll on the Veterans Expressway.
The road was built as a part of the Veterans Expressway, and opened in 1994. The road was planned to extend eastward to Lutz and I-275, however, local opposition has cancelled the East-West Road. When the Suncoast Parkway was opened in 2001 as a de facto extension of the Veterans Expressway, the resulting three mile spur was reassigned as SR 568.
Exit list 
|0.000||0.000||SR 589 south (Veterans Expressway)||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|3.036||4.886||SR 597 (Dale Mabry Highway)||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance
- "Florida Department of Transportation Interchange Report" (PDF). Florida Department of Transportation. 2008-11-24. p. 18. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Florida's Turnpike - System Description - Toll 589 - The Veterans Expressway/Suncoast Parkway
- Veterans Expressway/Suncoast Parkway
- Google Inc. Google Maps – overview map of Veterans Expressway Spur (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Florida+589+Toll+N%2FVeterans+Expy&daddr=Florida+568+Toll+E%2FVeterans+Expy&geocode=FRMMrQEdO3MU-w%3BFZhFrQEdnBwV-w&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=28.118745,-82.543502&sspn=0.004551,0.006899&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – overview map of Veterans Expressway Spur West (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Florida+568+Toll+W%2FVeterans+Expy&daddr=Florida+589+Toll+S%2FVeterans+Expy&geocode=FdpHrQEdbxwV-w%3BFeD-rAEdBHIU-w&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=28.135246,-82.50755&sspn=0.004551,0.006899&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=14. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Veterans Expressway System Retrieved 12 April 2010