ViXS Systems is a global fabless semiconductor company based in Toronto, Canada that was founded in 2001. The company enables advanced video processing technologies for Consumer Electronic (CE) and Personal Computer (PC) platforms.
 Product Developments
The company has developed video codecs with capabilities for processing, managing, protecting and distributing broadcast-quality video. ViXS hardware can be found in consumer electronics, TV tuner cards and is also provided to OEMs and ODMs. ViXS XCode video processors are deployed in a variety of designs such as IPTV/cable set-top boxes, digital TVs, PVRs, Blu-ray and HD DVD products. To date, ViXS has issued and filed over 100 patents.
 Product Families
|XCode 2100 Series
- High quality MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding and transcoding
- Capable of performing video compression, re-formatting, encryption and secure transfer of digital and analog video
- Used in products created by Hitachi, HP, Sony, Gateway, and others
- Maintains high-quality video at low bitrates, contradicting the conventional high-vs.-low bitrate quality trade-off
|XCode 3000 Series
- H.264/MPEG-2 transcoding as well as MPEG-4 transcoding, decoding and encoding
- Implemented in PVR TV, PC boards, Network Attached Storage (NAS), remote TV and used for storage maximization in STB, BD, DVD-R and HD-DVD
- Multiple interface capabilities including USB, Ethernet and SATA
Consumer products that contain ViXS ICs feature PVR functionality, DVD authoring, home movie conversion and support for portable media devices. These products support digital and analog inputs, SD and HD streams and high-speed transcoding (file format conversion). ViXS embedded solutions offer a common engine for all integrated devices while supporting multiple streams, picture-in-picture (PIP), simultaneous watch-and-record and full content protection and conditional access. ViXS solutions enable efficient storage on hard drives and DVDs using a shrink-to-fit option.
ViXS is a global company with offices worldwide. The company’s head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Sales offices are located in the U.S.A., Germany, Japan and Taiwan. Research and Development facilities are located in Canada, the U.S.A., China and Hong Kong.
- ^ Canadian Achievers Article based on Hugh Chow
- ^ ViXS press release on cdfreaks.com
- ^ Map provided by ViXS
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)
 External links